The Division Patch Notes Include G36 Nerf and These Bug Fixes
Online game's servers return to operation with some changes.
The Division was offline earlier today, July 12, as developer Ubisoft Massive implemented some changes. Now, servers are back up and the studio has shared the official patch notes. We've learned that the G36 assault rifle has been nerfed, while a number of bugs should now be fixed.
The G36 has had its base damage reduced by 15 percent. Ubisoft did not say why it made that change, but it follows a bigger update in June that made some huge weapon balance changes.
As for the bug fixes, one of these is for a problem where named weapons could not have their talents recalibrated. Additionally, the update should fix a bug where game music would shut off completely when quitting from inside an Incursion.
There is only one PC-specific bug fix mentioned in the patch notes, and it's for an issue where players could use multiple consumables at the same time.
You can see the full patch notes below, as posted in The Division's forums.
The Division July 12 Patch Notes:
- Reduced the base damage of all G36 Assault Rifles by 15%.
- Fixed a bug where named weapons could not have their talents recalibrated.
- Fixed a bug where the Megamap would not open for some players.
- Fixed a bug where using the Evacuation Point in Underground before the new Objective Notification has appeared caused the mission UI to break.
- Fixed a bug where the AlphaBridge Gloves could miss some of their attributes. Note: this change is retroactive, which means that all attributes on existing AlphaBridge Gloves will be rerolled.
- Fixed a bug where the game music would stop completely when logging out while inside an Incursion.
- Fixed a bug where recalibrating the last Talent on the PP-19 submachinegun would not yield a free Talent.
- Fixed a bug where the Sentry Gear Set bonus would incorrectly apply when using The Showstopper automatic shotgun.
- Fixed a bug where using a Signature Skill could cause the visual effect to be applied to all nearby players (not just group members).
- Fixed a bug where weapon talents could stack indefinitely while using the Alpha-Bridge Gear Set 4-piece bonus.
- Fixed a bug where recalibrating weapon talents would yield a random bonus, instead of the one selected in the UI.
- Fixed a bug where players would die when returning to certain missions after respawning in a safe house.
- Fixed a bug where PC players would be able to use multiple consumables at the same time.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org