The Division Day 1 Patch Notes Released, See Them Here
Here's what's included with 1.01.
The Division, like other games, will have a day one patch, Ubisoft has announced. The developer said it is making a number of changes and fixes based on feedback it received from The Division's closed and open betas. More than 6 million people played the open beta, giving Ubisoft a lot of data to look at.
Patch 1.01 includes changes to the game's menu, a string of visual improvements, and a handful of fixes for bugs and other glitches. One issue fixed with the update is for glitches that allowed players to shoot through walls and become invisible, among other things that could give them an unfair advantage.
Some of the visual improvements include improved car window reflections and better nighttime lighting and contrast, among other things.
The Division launches on March 8 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. It arrives with major expectations, as Ubisoft recently said it could join Destiny, Watch Dogs, and Assassin's Creed to become of the biggest new IP launches ever. You can watch the game's launch trailer here.
In other news about The Division, Ubisoft has outlined the game's free and paid DLC, while the company has also confirmed exactly when The Division's servers will be switched on.
The Division 1.01 Patch Notes
APPEARANCE MENU HAS BEEN UPDATED:
- Now displays as a grid making it much easier to browse items
- "Outfit Sets" option added to quickly equip all the items in a set
- "Inspect" feature added
- Fixed several lights that did not cast global illumination
- Fixed missing volumetric lights on traffic lights
- Illuminated signs now cast actual light
- Improved atmospheric haze in several time and weather combinations
- Improved night time lighting and contrast
- Adjusted exaggerated rim light shader on characters
- Improved car window reflections
- Improved Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) to be more pronounced
MEGA MAP AND OPEN WORLD UPDATES:
- New "Mission Overview" has been added to the Mega Map
- Contaminated zones will now display the required filter level on the Mega Map
- Field data with audio will automatically play when you pick them up
- If you start listening to field data with audio from the menu, you can keep listening outside the menu
- Subtitles added for all Field Data that play audio
- Mission entrance menu usability has been improved
- Significantly increased the number of crafting materials obtained from loot crates
- The icon for landmarks in the Dark Zone has been changed and now indicates if non-player enemies are present or not
- New "Help" menu is now available in the Settings menu. It stores all the loading screen and context sensitive tips
- New tutorials added for certain gameplay features and mechanics (these can be switched off in the Options menu)
- Added information to the in-game loot pickup UI that displays why an item can't be picked up
- The deployable turret no longer targets non-rogue players and doesn't damage neutral players caught in the line of fire
- Skill modifiers have been added directly to gear (previously only available on gear mods)
FIXES AND GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS:
- Fixed glitches that could be exploited by players to gain an unfair advantage in the game (such as invisibility, shooting through walls, etc).
- Extended server-side checks to detect any illegal actions from the game client, limit their impact in the game and track down the perpetrators.
- Fixed an issue on character select screen that resulted in getting stuck with a specific combination of inputs
- Fixed a progression blocking issue caused by accepting a group invite at a specific moment during the Base of Operations unlock sequence
- Players will no longer return all the way back to start screen after creating or logging in to their Ubisoft Club account
- Fixed remaining bugs that prevented log-in attempts when non-essential services were offline
- Overall stability increased
- Further backend improvements and optimizations
- Localization adjustments and bug fixes
- Additional minor bug fixes and polish
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com