The Division 2's First Raid Is Live Along With A New Update; Full Patch Notes Revealed
Lots of changes.
The patch notes for The Division 2's Title Update 3 have been revealed. The major piece of content included in the update is Operation Dark Hours, The Division 2's first raid, but new features, apparel, and quality-of-life changes are included in Title Update 3 as well.
Operation Dark Hours is an eight-player raid available for those who've reached World Tier 5 and defeated Tidal Basin. The raid sends you and your team up again the Black Tusks, who have taken over the Washington National Airport. "Teamwork, collaboration, and adaptation will be necessary to defeat the Black Tusk," The Division 2 community manager Johan LindholmMore wrote in the Title Update 3 patch notes.
Ubisoft has announced that the first teams to complete Operation Dark Hours first will receive limited-time prizes. The very first team will have their team photo displayed in The Division 2's White House for all other players to see. Any team that completes the raid between May 16-23 will receive a cosmetic arm patch. If you can't pull together an eight-person team in time--which is a likely possibility considering the raid won't have matchmaking--you'll still be rewarded with a clan banner icon and a trophy just for completing the raid at any point in the future.
For Year 1 Pass owners, Title Update 3 adds the first two Classified Assignment missions. Completing them allows you to hear the stories behind the fall of DC prior to the start of The Division 2's campaign and also unlock backpack trophies. Title Update 3 also includes The Division 2's second Apparel event, which adds new outfits, masks, emotes, and weapon skins to the game.
The full patch notes for Title Update 3 can be viewed in the link above. We've gone ahead and listed the highlights below. The Division 2 is available for Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
The Division 2 Title Update 3 Patch Notes
- Added new Commendations for Operation Dark Hours.
- Removed the following Commendations.
- 28 Days Distinction - Record 672 hours (28 days) of time in-game.
- Distinguished Service Ribbon – For 30 consecutive days, on each day play for at least 1h and complete 1 mission.
- Supreme Response Distinction - For 7 consecutive days, on each day complete 4 main missions and rescue 5 civilians.
- Year One Merit - Play on 14 days per month, on a total of 12 months.
- Division Service Merit - For a total of 100 days, on each day play for at least 1hour and deliver 20 resources to control points.
- Developer comment: We removed these Commendations as we felt that they were not delivering a great experience for players. Often times you could miss out on your daily login or lose your streak with no error of your own. We’re adding different Commendations that still let you show off your dedication towards the game, without the login requirements. For those players that have already earned the above-mentioned Commendations they will remain visible as completed.
- Added a new vanity patch reward for all players as compensation for any lost time due to the above changes.
- Added five new Commendations
- Full Deck Distinction – Acquire all Snitch Cards.
- Distinguished Service Distinction – Complete 30 hours of service.
- Supreme Response Distinction – Complete all main missions and Strongholds on Hard difficulty (or above).
- Control Point Takeover Merit – Take over 50 Heroic Control Points.
- Invasion Service Merit – Complete 10 Invaded Strongholds.
- Changed Peacock Award to specifically use the ‘Jumping Jacks’ emote.
- Changed Mission Discovery Merit Commendations to track when a player collects loot from loot boxes, not opening the loot boxes. This will ensure that all players that are in a group can earn this Commendation when playing the respective missions.
- Increased the base cap for Receiver Components and Protective Fabric crafting materials by 200, meaning that their caps now start at 350 and end at 600 with all material capacity perks.
- Inaya al-Khaliq in the Base of Operation is now a Crafting Vendor, she can be found next to the Crafting Bench in the White House.
- Added Specialized and Superior Skill Mod Blueprints to her stock.
- Added an extra weekly Blueprint to her stock.
- Moved crafting Blueprints from the Base of Operations vendor to her stock.
- Note: While Inaya will have a variety of Blueprints available, there are still other sources in the game like Settlements and Control Points.
- All exotic items upgraded through crafting will get the maximum Gear Score of the current crafting bench tier.
- Bonus Armor granted on blue attributes gear significantly increased.
- Armor percent can now be found as Defense Attribute rolls.
- Health percent can now be found as Defense Attribute rolls.
- Gear sets
- Hard Wired
- Now grants Skill Damage instead of Shock Duration.
- Ongoing Directive
- Now grants special ammunition into any weapon, including the weapon currently equipped.
- Now grants special ammunition on any kill, not just weapon kills.
- True Patriot
- Decreased debuff cycle from 4 seconds to 2 seconds.
- Increased damage dealt to nearby targets when Full Flag is active to 50%.
- Hard Wired
- The Confidential Gear Set intel item now has a project icon to better reflect its use.
- Loot containers will now reset at a preset time of day.
- Control Point reward container will now also reset with this daily timer.
- Improved quality and quantity of Drone Helicopter loot.
- Slightly reduced the quality of items from Clan Caches.
- Cabinet loot containers now have a chance to contain Dark Zone keys.
- Increased ammunition drop chance from enemy NPCs to limit situations where players would run out of ammunition during prolonged fights on higher difficulty activities.
- Dark Zone contaminated loot does not drop below player's average Gear Score and will guarantee Gear Score 500 when the player has reached 500 Gear Score.
- Heroic difficulty Mission bosses, Stronghold bosses, Bounty bosses and Heroic Control Points reward containers will guarantee Gear Score 500 when the player has reached 500 Gear Score.
- Loot now skews more towards the top end of its allowed Gear Score, resulting in fewer items below a player's average Gear Score, and items that do drop below it will be closer to that average more often.
- Increased the rewards for daily Hard and Challenge mission Projects and they will guarantee Gear Score 500 when the player has reached 500 Gear Score.
- New feature: Post Mission Activity Summary
- After completing missions, players may opt to look at an activity summary showcasing their performance in that activity and allowing an expanded look at a variety of detailed statistics.
- Bank Headquarters
- Reduced difficulty for solo players.
- Roosevelt Island
- Reduced difficulty for solo players.
- Hive users can now find +healing on the Experimental Blend mods.
- Hive users can now find +radius on the Network Firewall mods.
- New mods: Auxiliary Skill Battery
- Auxiliary Skill Batteries fit in Skill mod slots and grant Skill Power.
- Updated RC Blade to fix various issues. Elite Medic's Pulse Grenade has been changed.
- No longer applies disrupt.
- Reduced Impact radius.
- The grenade impact radius should now be easier to see.
- Decreased damage of Veteran, Elite and Named NPCs.
- Greatly decreased melee damage of all Tank NPCs.
- Moderately decreased melee damage of all non-Tank NPCs.
- Decreased Thrower NPC’s accuracy with grenades. They are no longer professional baseball pitchers or cricket fielders.
- Slightly decreased damage of Elite/Named War Hound.
- Civilian Control Point Officers now wear pants.
- Civilian Control Point Officers now wear protective body armor. Safety first.
- Civilians with fully upgraded Settlements now wear combat harnesses and have slightly more health.
- Upgrading a Settlement now slightly increased Civilians' damage.
- NPCs will now be slightly less defensive while in cover and being aimed at by a player.
- Decreased likelihood of NPCs using ladders in combat.
- Decreased likelihood of NPCs using special navigation out of combat.
- Civilian NPCs will now stay further away from players in cover, lessening the chance of them taking a player’s preferred cover location. We get it, you're very protective of your favorite cover spot.
- Civilian Hostages are now more protective of their lives.
- Fixed issue with many explosives causing extreme amounts of threat, confusing NPCs.
- Fixed various sliding issues with NPCs following recovery from a Status Effect.
- Enemy NPCs should no longer be able to stagger players with a melee attack if the player has a Ballistic Shield equipped.
- Drone Helicopter
- Increased health.
- Increased damage.
- Improved movement.
- Decreased Outcast Suicide vest explosion radius.
- Lowered NPC damage and health above normal difficulty.
- Increased variety of NPCs at higher difficulty levels.
- Implemented various UI and audio improvements to Living World activities.
- Control Points
- Control Point difficulty is now more clearly communicated, using regular difficulty names in addition to Alert Level.
- Approaching enemy patrols and convoys are now signaled more clearly during Control Point Takeover.
- The Civilian Officer will now revive downed players during Control Point takeover and judge you silently.
- Players can now select the civilian takeover icon on the map as a respawn option during Control Point takeover. The option is disabled after the enemy leader joins the fight.
- Players can now fast travel to civilian convoys and takeover squads from the map.
- Black Tusk now send War Hound Convoys carrying gear and weapons to Tidal Basin when the mission is available.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org