The Division 2 Patch Notes For Friday's Update
Division 2 servers were offline but are now back up with an update that adjusts Dark Zone loot and more.
Ubisoft announced that The Division 2 will go down for "unscheduled maintenance" tomorrow, March 6 at 12:30 AM PST in order to implement a patch that addresses bugs and Dark Zone problems. [Update: The maintenance was pushed back several hours but has now been completed; servers are back online and the new patch should be live on PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Stadia. Another update is now scheduled to be released on March 10 to coincide with the launch of Season 1. Maintenance will take servers offline for about three hours on Tuesday.]
The studio tweeted that The Division 2's maintenance will start at 12:30 AM PST / 3:30 AM EST / 8:30 AM GMT and is expected to last for approximately three hours. Ubisoft provided some patch notes for the upcoming update, which you can see below, but said it's still "verifying all the fixes that will be deployed." More information on the update should arrive sometime during the maintenance window, Ubisoft said.
The patch makes a number of adjustments to The Division 2, including fixing issues around odd NPC behaviors, significantly reducing the damage of the IWI Negev light machine gun, rewarding missing Specialization Points when leveling between 31-40, stabilizing the server, and more.
As far as the Dark Zone goes, the update will alter the quality of loot found there. The plan is for Dark Zone loot to now be "on par with challenging-level missions’ difficulty," meaning the quality of "god rolls" will be reduced. "God rolls" are, basically, weapons with damage and attributes stats at or near maxed out.
In other The Division 2 news, the game's first major piece of DLC, the Warlords of New York, is out now. It takes you back to New York City, the location of 2016's The Division, and opens up a bunch of new spots to explore. The expansion also brings a level cap increase, an additional base of operations, and more.
The Division 2 Maintenance Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue causing Aaron Keener to behave odd when being affected by EMP.
- Fixed an issue that caused ECHOs to not be interactable.
- Fixed an issue where the Control Point Officer UI would not appear after interaction.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players to talk to Kelso.
- Fixed an additional issue that could prevent players from interacting with Community Leaders.
- Fixed an issue causing the IWI Negev doing ~50% more damage than intended.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to unlock an area if they did not open the Safe House door themselves.
- Fixed an issue that caused Specialization Points to not be awarded when leveling up between 31-40 and for all SHD level-ups.
- Fixed an issue with certain new Warlords of New York Skill Mods not dropping.
- Fixed several issues causing server crashes.
- Fixed an issue causing the Bullet King weapon to not drop from the final boss in Riker’s missions.
- Fixed an issue causing attributes to not appear in the UI when looking at Masks and other certain items in the Inventory.
- Fixed an issue causing the Nemesis quest parts not being obtainable.
- Fixed an issue causing Warhounds to sometimes do wacky things. Like flying. Can you imagine how scary they are when they are flying?
- Fixed an issue causing an NPC to be stuck in the Hugh Carey Tunnel mission.
We will be adjusting the loot quality in the Dark Zone with tomorrow's maintenance. When we made changes to the loot quality internally before Warlords of New York launched, we wanted to adjust heroic difficulty loot for missions.
When doing so the loot quality in the DZ also was changed, as the difficulty reflects heroic level missions.
But the Dark Zone loot quality had already been adjusted up before, which meant it double dipped with the change and therefore is currently higher than we intended it to be.
With the change tomorrow, loot quality and the number of god-rolls in the Dark Zone will be reduced and it will be on par with challenging-level missions’ difficulty.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org