The Crew Out Today With A Day-One Patch
Read the full patch notes here.
Diablo IV | Open Beta Gameplay Trailer Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Official Story Trailer Elden Ring Death Count Revealed | GameSpot News Halo Infinite - Previously On Halo Infinite Season 1 and Season 2 Trailer Rocket League Neo Tokyo: Aftermarket Trailer Life by You - Announcement Trailer Diablo 4 Early Access Beta Livestream JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R — Keicho Nijimura Gameplay Reveal Trailer Trinity Fusion - Announce Trailer MLB The Show 23 - Legends Trailer | PS5 & PS4 Games Too Hot To Handle: Love Is A Game "Talent Plays" Trailer Mighty Quest Rogue Palace Reveal Trailer
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking 'enter', you agree to GameSpot's
Ubisoft's open-world racing game The Crew launches today across consoles and PC. Before you start your trek across the United States, however, you'll need to download an update (see full patch notes below). Though the patch features many tweaks and fixes, Ubisoft says "this patch is a small one," so your download should go quickly, though of course this depends on your Internet connection speed.
The Crew, which has been in development for more than six years, is the first game from French developer Ivory Tower. It's an ambitious racing title that claims to be "the World of Warcraft of racing games" in that it blends MMO and driving elements.
As for why you're not seeing reviews of The Crew just yet, Ubisoft explained last week that the game's online functionality, a key component of the title, would be switched only on launch day, not earlier.
Below are the patch notes for The Crew's launch day update, via Ubisoft. The game is available today across PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
- Drivehub challenges are activated.
- Faction war activated. At the end of the month, the winning faction unlocks a 2 bonus factions missions per region.
Stability & performance
- Fixed some random crashes on all game modes
- Fixed an issue where some crews were disbanded randomly
Matchmaking, connectivity & replication
- Fixed matchmaking and sessions problems
- Fixed invite system in Private PVP game modes
- Improved matchmaking and sessions on server side.
Menus and HUD
- Fixed issues related to Leaderboards scoring on Missions and Skills
- Updated info on HUD for Gift packs.
- Resolved issues on Localization bugs.
- Fixes on Statistics computing values.
- Fixes on PVP lobby HUD.
- Fixed an issue where the "Mute" option was missing from player cards while inside a PvP lobby.
- Fixed an issue where an infinite loading animation of the gamer card picture was happening.
- Fixed an issue where the title shows the "Display" name instead of "Gamertag" for the active user inside the Leaderboards from the Driver ID menu.
- Fixed an issue where leaderboard displayed incoherent scoring on PVP Public FFA events.
- Fixed an issue where the collision and Traffic options were not functional within the lobby.
- Fixed an issue preventing the HUD from refreshing when a crew member invites the crew master in a PvP public lobby.
- Fixed an issue where the crew gets disbanded after coming out of PVP lobby.
- Fixed the option to disable/enable voices during PvP events.
Achievements and Awards
- Fixed Achievements unlocking issues
- Fixed Awards progression and unlocking issues
DLC / ULC
- Fixed issues related on unlocking the content after purchasing DLC/ULC packs.
- Improved AI behavior in some situations.
- Fixes on HUD elements during missions.
- Fixed an issue preventing some players to join a mission after a quick coop search.
- Fixed an issue where some players in coop/solo missions where sent back to the log-in menu with a service error message.
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t join a session or a crew.
- Fixed an issue where players could be missing from the crew list for other players in the same crew.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing a player from entering a PvP lobby while in a crew of 4.
- Fixed an issue preventing the world ghost record to load and instead of the "Online ID" text "UNKNOWN" was displayed for all the skills.
- Fixed an issue where the game crashes when failing to connect to proxy.
- Fixed an issue where the game goes into infinite loading screen after using "Quit" and after being idle in the game.
- Fixed an issue where the PSN ID's fails to load on leaderboards and was shown as "Loading" and "UNKNOWN" text.
- Fixed an issue where the crew was failing to update correctly after the crew master has removed his Ethernet/Signed-out/Shut down the console and logged in again.
- Fixed an issue where the loading time after pressing any button in title screen may be up to 2 minutes long.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not joining the crew after being invited.
- Fixed an issue where after a forced back to login, the gamer-pic in the friend list couldn't load.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation