The Biggest Moments from Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 10 [SPOILERS]
We're diving into this explosive season finale.
Last week's "Battle of the Bastards" offered up one of the most exciting and intense episodes to date. This week, the sixth season comes to an end as some shocking moments are revealed. Let's take a look a couple of these moments from the incredibly epic final episode of season six.
Warning: Spoilers are coming.
While we tend to focus primarily on one moment within each episode, "The Winds of Winter" offered a major reveal for one character and a major change for another. In an earlier episode, Bran and the Three-Eyed Raven flashbacked to see a young Ned Stark about to ascend a tower to find Lyanna Stark. Bran continued the vision, this week and discovered a dying Lyanna at the top of the Tower of Joy, who whispers something to Ned. She says "You have to protect him." A woman brings out a baby. There's a close up on its face, and it fades into Jon Snow's face. Lyanna Stark is actually Jon Snow's mother, and Rhaegar Targaryen, who kidnapped Lyanna, is his father. In addition, those who fought alongside Jon Snow in the "Battle of the Bastards" named Jon Snow King of the North.
In the south, more specifically King's Landing, Loras and Cersei were supposed to go on trial for their crimes. Loras showed up, but Cersei did not. In front of the High Sparrow and people of King's Landing, Loras pledged his life to the Seven. Back at the Red Keep, Cersei stared onward as Wildfire, placed underneath the Sept of Baelor, destroyed the building and everyone in it, including the High Sparrow, Loras, Margaery, and more. In addition, King Tommen, who wasn't allowed to go to the Sept of Baelor and forced to stay at the Red Keep, jumps out of a window and kills himself. By the end of the episode, Cersei is queen and sits on the Iron Throne.
The north has his king, who is not only a Stark but a Targaryen as well, and the south has their queen. While last week's episode was intense and incredibly epic, this week's episode did not disappoint. We get a really satisfying ending to Cersei and Jon's stories, which will lead to bigger things in the next season. In addition to all of that, Daenerys is coming, and we'll get to see the massive power of her fleet and dragons, once again. What was really surprising here was all the death in the episode. Cersei's plan took out a lot of supporting characters. This was the perfect end to the sixth season and in no way a let down. "The Battle of the Bastards" seemed like a tough act to follow, but "The Winds of Winter" delivered.
Here are some other big moments from this week:
- Cersei has captured Unella and has the Mountain torture her. She won't allow her to die. Cersei wants her to suffer.
- Grand Maester Pycelle is stabbed to death by a group of children in Qyburn’s laboratory.
- Jon Snow learns that Melisandre burned Shireen alive. Davos demands her head. Snow tells her to ride south and never return.
- Daario really wants to go with Daenerys, as the fleet of ships is prepared. Daenerys says that she wants him to stay there. She makes Tyrion Lannister the hand of the queen.
- Walder Frey enjoys his hall at his newly acquired Riverrun castle. He is alone, and a woman comes in to bring him some food. It's revealed that in the meat pie he's eating are his sons. The woman takes off her mask, and it is Arya Stark. She kills Walder Frey.
- The massive fleet of ships heads off, with Daenerys and Tyrion leading the way. Of course, the three dragons are there as well.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org