Tetris Ultimate PS4 and Xbox One Release Dates Set
Modernized puzzle classic features Drivatar-like system and four-player mode.
Marvel's Iron Man VR, No Man's Sky VR, And More In PlayStation's First State of Play - GS News Update Free Xbox One And Xbox 360 Games With Gold For April 2019 Announced Doom Eternal, Rage 2, And More Will Come To Steam - GS News Update Top New Games Releasing For Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- March 24-30 2019 Mortal Kombat 11 – Old Skool Vs. New Skool Gameplay Trailer Days Gone - Official Story Trailer Pokemon Go Earth Day Campaign Brings Participation Rewards - GS News Update Netflix In April 2019 - Best New Movies And TV Shows To Watch! Xbox Game Pass Highlights From The ID@Xbox Stream - GS News Update Sekiro Shadows Die Twice New Game Plus Streets Of Rage 4 - Gameplay Trailer Control - Gameplay Trailer
Publisher Ubisoft, which currently owns the licence to publish the Tetromino block-building game, says the PS4 edition will ship via the PlayStation Store on December 16, while the Xbox One edition will come via Xbox Live a day later.
One of Tetris Ultimate's standout features is four-player mode, a popular spin on the format which was first introduced with the N64 game The New Tetris. There are six individual game modes that compliment this, which are listed below (as written by Ubisoft):
- Marathon – Complete level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
- Endless – Keep clearing lines until your stamina runs out.
- Ultra – Race to score as many points possible before time runs out in this three-minute challenge.
- Sprint – Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
- Battle – Go head-to-head to knock out your challengers.
- Battle Ultimate – Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups! Go on the offensive with Carousel and make your opponent's Matrix shift to the left after each move, or trigger Let It Rain and dump blocks down on top of them. Buzz Saw helps you advance by clearing away a number of your lines, especially useful when you're in a spot of trouble.
Ubisoft adds that Tetris Ultimate uses a Drivatar-like system where the game will note your play style and allow others to play against an AI recreation of it.
It also features a global leaderboard and in-game replay options.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org