Tetris Ultimate PS4 and Xbox One Release Dates Set
Modernized puzzle classic features Drivatar-like system and four-player mode.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Destiny 2 Guide: Ascendant Challenge Location Video (Oct. 16-23) Red Dead Redemption 2 - RDR's Story So Far Recap Top New Game Releases On Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- October 21-27 How Black Ops 4's Blackout Perks Work And When To Use Them My Hero One's Justice Versus Mode Gameplay Livestream Netflix In October 2018: The Best New Movies And TV Shows To Watch The Elder Scrolls Online: Murkmire – Official Trailer Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina - 'Get Ready' Official Teaser Disenchantment - 'New Episodes Coming Soon' Official Trailer Doctor Who: Season 11 Episode 3 "Rosa" Breakdown EA Motive Founder Jade Raymond Exits Studio, Where New Star Wars Game Is In Development - GS News Update New Halloween Movie Opens To A Huge Box Office Number - GameSpot Universe News Update
Publisher Ubisoft, which currently owns the licence to publish the Tetromino block-building game, says the PS4 edition will ship via the PlayStation Store on December 16, while the Xbox One edition will come via Xbox Live a day later.
One of Tetris Ultimate's standout features is four-player mode, a popular spin on the format which was first introduced with the N64 game The New Tetris. There are six individual game modes that compliment this, which are listed below (as written by Ubisoft):
- Marathon – Complete level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
- Endless – Keep clearing lines until your stamina runs out.
- Ultra – Race to score as many points possible before time runs out in this three-minute challenge.
- Sprint – Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
- Battle – Go head-to-head to knock out your challengers.
- Battle Ultimate – Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups! Go on the offensive with Carousel and make your opponent's Matrix shift to the left after each move, or trigger Let It Rain and dump blocks down on top of them. Buzz Saw helps you advance by clearing away a number of your lines, especially useful when you're in a spot of trouble.
Ubisoft adds that Tetris Ultimate uses a Drivatar-like system where the game will note your play style and allow others to play against an AI recreation of it.
It also features a global leaderboard and in-game replay options.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org