Tetris Ultimate PS4 and Xbox One Release Dates Set
Modernized puzzle classic features Drivatar-like system and four-player mode.
Resident Evil 4 Remake 19 Biggest Changes Diablo 4 Beta GPU Overheating & Drop Rate Debate Explained | GameSpot News Firearms Expert Reacts To Resident Evil 4 (2023)’s Guns Wayfinder - Venomess Teaser Trailer | PAX East 2023 Hearthstone "Festival Of Legends" Infinitize the Maxitude Card Reveal TEKKEN 8 - Jack-8 Gameplay Reveal Trailer [Devil MayCry: Peak of Combat] Nero | Dev Comments Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key - Launch Trailer Inside Star Citizen: Tractor Factor Trailer Honkai: Star Rail - Coming Soon Trailer | PS5 & PS4 Games Get to Know Bowser on Nintendo Switch! Resident Evil 4 Official Launch Trailer
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking 'enter', you agree to GameSpot's
Tetris Ultimate, the feature-packed re-release of Alexey Pajitnov's iconic 1984 puzzle game, will be released this week on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Publisher Ubisoft, which currently owns the licence to publish the Tetromino block-building game, says the PS4 edition will ship via the PlayStation Store on December 16, while the Xbox One edition will come via Xbox Live a day later.
One of Tetris Ultimate's standout features is four-player mode, a popular spin on the format which was first introduced with the N64 game The New Tetris. There are six individual game modes that compliment this, which are listed below (as written by Ubisoft):
- Marathon – Complete level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
- Endless – Keep clearing lines until your stamina runs out.
- Ultra – Race to score as many points possible before time runs out in this three-minute challenge.
- Sprint – Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
- Battle – Go head-to-head to knock out your challengers.
- Battle Ultimate – Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups! Go on the offensive with Carousel and make your opponent's Matrix shift to the left after each move, or trigger Let It Rain and dump blocks down on top of them. Buzz Saw helps you advance by clearing away a number of your lines, especially useful when you're in a spot of trouble.
Ubisoft adds that Tetris Ultimate uses a Drivatar-like system where the game will note your play style and allow others to play against an AI recreation of it.
It also features a global leaderboard and in-game replay options.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com
Join the conversation