Tekken Tag Tournament 2 tournament takes Aussie competitors to Japan
Chance to enter an international fighting-game tournament--spectators are also encouraged.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Australian Tekken players are about to get the chance to represent their country at the Super Battle Opera (SBO) taking place in Japan this year. SBO is an annual fighting-game tournament, which invites selected teams from all over the world to compete in various fighting games.
The Australian qualifiers for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will be held in Sydney on June 10, and will be used to decide which duo will head to the international stage. The winning team will have the opportunity to battle it out against the world's top players at SBO in early August.
Earlier this year, Australian players took out the top three spots at international fighting-game tournament Shadowloo Showdown, knocking out fighting-game household names, such as Ryan "Prodigal Son" Hart, Justin "JWong" Wong and Hajime "Tokido" Taniguchi.
Entry to the local qualifier costs A$10 per competitor, and can be registered in advance or done on the day of the tournament at Timezone George Street, Sydney. Spectating is free.
When: Sunday, June 10. Sign-ups finish at 6:30 p.m.; tournament begins at 7:00 p.m. Where: Timezone, shop 5/505 George Street, Sydney (next to Event Cinemas)
Cost: A$10 per person; spectating is free.
- One game is first to three rounds (best of five)
- All characters are permitted
- You can not change characters on a game-by-game basis
- Both teams must state their first player before the match
- Before the match, players will compete in scissors-paper-rock, and the winning team gets to choose 1P or 2P or to choose the stage (after the first match, stage selection is always done by the losing team)
- Raven-specific skills in solo mode (such as gauge increase) are prohibited
- All other settings are factory default
- Each team of two can share only a single common character (Eddy/Christie and Kuma/Panda are considered different characters)
- Identical teams are not permitted, but duplication of up to one character will be accepted (Paul + Kazuya and Paul + Heihach" is permitted. Paul + Kazuya and Paul solo mode is also acceptable).