Target Deal Days Returns In July To Compete With Amazon Prime Day
Target is the first major retailer to announce its "anti-Prime Day" sale.
Following the announcement that Amazon Prime Day will take place July 12-13, other major retailers are undoubtedly prepping competing sales. Target is the first major retailer to reveal its anti-Prime Day sale. Just like last year, the sale is called Target Deal Days, and it will take place during Prime Day. To get ahead of the competition, Target's sale will kick off one day earlier than Prime Day on July 11. It will run through July 13, and you can expect deals on just about every category of products you can think of.
Target Deal Days is technically an online-only event, but you can purchase items for in-store pickup and get same-day delivery for some products. Target Circle members with a Target RedCard will get 5% extra off of every item they buy.
Target has unveiled some broad discounts but hasn't announced any specific deals. Here's a list of what to expect:
- Save up to $70 on Apple products
- Top tech and headphones for up to 50% off
- Toys for up to 50% off
- Home items for up to 30% off
- Apparel and accessories for up to 50% off
- Kitchen appliances for up to 40% off
While video games aren't explicitly mentioned here, it's almost guaranteed that Target will have gaming deals for Nintendo Switch, PS5, and Xbox Series X|S. Last year, Target offered some of the same game and accessory deals we saw at other retailers, so we'd expect to see similar discounts this year.
For instance, Target had select Nintendo Switch exclusives discounted to $40 as well as steep discounts on recently released third-party hits. We also saw big discounts on some popular tech items such as Apple AirPods Pro and the Apple Watch.
You won't have to wait long to start taking advantage of Prime Day promotions. Amazon is giving away more than 30 free PC games to Prime members starting next week. Amazon's Luna controller is getting a steep discount starting next week, too.
Best Gaming & Tech Deals This Week
- Star Wars Collection Bundles 14 Games For $21
- 25 Free Games Are Available Now Ahead Of Prime Day For Members
- Prime Day TV Deals: Best Early Discounts Available Now
- PlayStation Mid-Year Sale Has Big Discounts On Hundreds Of Games
- This Affordable Simulator Lets You Play Golf At Home
- Nintendo Switch Exclusives Are Discounted In New eShop Sale
- Amazon Prime Day Dates Revealed: The Big Sale Is Just Weeks Away
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.