Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's Next DLC Character Is Kazuya From Tekken
A new challenger is coming to the Switch fighting game.
A new fighter is coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. As revealed during Nintendo's E3 2021 Direct presentation, Kazuya from Tekken arrives as a DLC fighter.
Kazuya looks to retain many of his signature moves from Tekken, including Tombstone Crusher and Gates of Hell. Nintendo did not announce when Kazuya will go live, but Smash Bros. Ultimate director Masahiro Sakurai confirmed he will share more details about the fighter in a separate stream set for June 28 at 7 AM PT / 10 AM ET.
Kazuya marks the fifth DLC character to arrive as part of Smash Bros. Ultimate's Fighters Pass Vol. 2. Previous additions included Min Min from Arms, Steve from Minecraft, Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII, and Pyra/Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2. One more unannounced DLC character is still on the way to the game.
The Fighters Pass Vol. 2 costs $30 USD and includes all six of the aforementioned DLC characters, along with their corresponding stages and music. Each fighter pack can also be purchased individually for $6 USD apiece. In addition to the new stage and music tracks, every DLC fighter comes with a special Spirit board featuring new Spirits taken from their respective series.
E3 2021 News & Announcements
- Nintendo Switch OLED Announced, Coming October 8
- E3 2021: Schedule, Participants, And What To Expect
- Xbox & Bethesda E3 Showcase Announcements: Starfield, Halo Infinite, Diablo 2
- Nintendo Direct E3 2021 Announcements: Breath Of The Wild 2, Metroid Dread, Advance Wars
- E3 2021 Games Confirmed So Far
- Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 Announcements: Far Cry 6, Mario + Rabbids 2, Avatar
- Square Enix E3 2021 Stream Announcements: Guardians Of The Galaxy, Final Fantasy Origin, Babylon's Fall
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.