Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's 9.0.2 Update Is Now Live, Here Are The Patch Notes
The latest update for the Switch fighting game is now live, and it fixes a handful of gameplay issues.
Nintendo has rolled out another update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The Switch fighting game's 9.0.2 patch is now live, but it's a fairly minor one as far as updates go; it doesn't introduce any new content or balance changes, but rather primarily resolves a small handful of gameplay issues.
Nintendo had originally stated that the 9.0.2 patch "will include fighter adjustments." However, the company has since has issued a correction clarifying that the patch does not feature fighter adjustments, as it had initially announced. As the patch notes below detail, the update fixes a variety of situational issues, such as one that would cause fighters to warp on the Venom stage.
This update follows only a couple of weeks after Smash Bros. Ultimate's 9.0.1 patch. That primarily addressed a handful of issues introduced by the game's latest DLC character, Steve from Minecraft. The patch also notably changed Steve's original victory pose.
Steve is the second DLC character to arrive as part of Smash Bros. Ultimate's Fighters Pass Vol. 2, following Min Min from Arms. Four more DLC characters are still on the way, although Nintendo has not yet revealed their identities. The Fighters Pass Vol. 2 runs for $30 USD. Each DLC fighter can also be purchased individually for $6 USD.
In other Smash Bros. news, Nintendo is still offering a freebie for the game. Nintendo Switch Online subscribers can claim the free Vault Shopper Set 2 item bundle from the eShop. The bundle includes 3,000 Gold and five Classic Tickets, the latter of which can be wagered before a run in Classic Mode for a chance to earn additional rewards.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 9.0.2 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where you could not use the stick to jump while falling after creating an anvil using the down air attack.
- Fixed an issue where the gunman from Duck Hunt's down special and the phantom from Zelda's down special were not behaving as intended.
- Fixed an issue where the initial velocity of Samus's and Dark Samus's up special when used on the ground was not behaving as intended.
- Fixed an issue where fighters would sometimes warp on the Venom stage.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes fighters would pass through landscapes when they were launched on some stages.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes you would be forced to end a battle on a stage created in Stage Builder.
- Various gameplay fixes.
PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch And More Games Coverage
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.