Steam's Summer Sale 2019 Live Now With Thousands Of Deals
Hope you've been saving up.
The moment PC gamers have been waiting for is finally here--Steam's 2019 Summer Sale is live with thousands of deals on games across every genre. The sale will run now through July 9, so you have about two weeks to claim anything that catches your eye.
This year, the theme is Grand Prix, and players can earn various rewards and even free games on their wishlist by participating in a new, competitive mini-game. To get started, Steam will ask you to pick a team, with the choices being Hare, Corgi, Cockatiel, Pig, and Tortoise. Choose wisely (but Corgi is obviously the right choice here). You'll be able to track each team's rankings on the Grand Prix page.
During the sale, you'll have a Boost Meter that enables you to earn points, and every day you participate, you'll increase your Boost Meter's capacity by 100. You'll also boost your capacity by 100 for every $1 you spend in the sale. To earn points, you'll have to complete various Grand Prix Quests in your Steam games, with each point you earn pushing you closer toward your next Boost. Boosting increases your team's speed in the race, and every day throughout the Grand Prix, random members of the first, second, and third-place teams will get the top item on their Steam wishlist for free (so update that wishlist now if you plan to participate). You'll also earn Grand Prix tokens as you earn points, which can be redeemed for various freebies at the Pit Stop, including chat emoticons, profile backgrounds, and more. And because this is a competition, you can also earn and coordinate attacks to decrease other teams' Boost levels.
See some of our picks from Steam's Summer Sale below, and of course, you can browse the full offering of deals at the Steam Store.
- 428: Shibuya Scramble -- $15
- Ark: Survival Evolved -- $17.49
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey -- $30
- Astroneer -- $22.49
- Baba is You -- $10.49
- Battle Chef Brigade Deluxe -- $12
- BlazBlue: CrossTag Battle -- $22.49
- Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon -- $6
- Civilization VI -- $15
- Danganronpa 1/2/V3 bundle -- $32.97
- Darkest Dungeon -- $7.49
- Dead Cells -- $16.74
- Devil May Cry 5 -- $39.59
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition -- $27
- Enter the Gungeon -- $7.49
- Hollow Knight -- $9
- Katamari Damacy Reroll -- $18
- Left 4 Dead bundle -- $2.23
- Night in the Woods -- $12
- Nioh -- $20
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire -- $25
- Prey -- $15
- Return of the Obra Dinn -- $18
- Scythe - Digital Edition -- $8
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice -- $48
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider -- $24
- Slay the Spire -- $12.49
- Slime Rancher -- $10
- Sonic Mania -- $6.79
- SoulCalibur VI -- $19.79
- Stardew Valley -- $12
- Star Wars: Complete Collection -- $83.02
- Two Point Hospital -- $17.49
- Undertale -- $4
- Valkyria Chronicles 4 -- $20.39
- XCOM 2 -- $15
- Yakuza 0 -- $10
- Zero Escape Trilogy -- $22.38
Steam's Summer Sale is just the beginning of a long summer of deals. You can also save on thousands of PC games at Fanatical right now as part of its Red Hot summer sale (many of them redeem on Steam, so you can compare prices). Amazon Prime Day 2019 is quickly approaching as well, as the digital store finally just announced its annual sitewide sale will run July 15 and 16. Check back with GameSpot and follow us on Twitter for all the latest info.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.