Starfield Patch Addresses Bugs And Issues; DLSS, FOV Slider, And Mods Coming Later
Starfield has been patched up, and updates are expected for "years and years" to come.
Bethesda Game Studios has announced the first post-release patch for Starfield and confirmed that official modding support is coming to the sci-fi RPG in 2024. In a blog post, the developer said it has been "absolutely blown away" by the response to the game since its launch.
The studio said it plans to support Starfield for "years and years to come," and it encouraged players to send in their feedback and ideas for what the studio could add to the game. As an example, Bethesda said it's heard that players want city maps. For now, the studio said it's focusing on addressing top issues like bugs and stability problems.
To that end, Starfield's first hot fix has been announced, and it improves stability on Series X and S, and adds improvements to help reduce crashes and improve frame rate. The update also fixes quest-blocker issues with the All That Money Can Buy and Shadows in Neon missions.
Looking ahead, Bethesda said fans can expect a "regular interval of updates." These will add the following features to Starfield:
- Brightness and Contrast controls
- HDR Calibration Menu
- FOV Slider
- Nvidia DLSS Support (PC)
- 32:9 Ultrawide Monitor Support (PC)
- Eat button for food! We’re also working closely with Nvidia, AMD, and Intel on driver support, and each update will include new stability and performance improvements.
Further out, Bethesda said it is working on adding built-in mod support for Starfield on all platforms, similar to the systems in Skyrim and Fallout 4. This is scheduled for launch in 2024.
"Until then, we know our PC community is already very active in the modding space and if you have any feedback on how we can make this better, please let us know," Bethesda said. "Modding and creating in our games will always be a vital and important part of who we are, and we love seeing the community get off to such a strong start.Keep the feedback coming, we really do read it all, and thank you all again for taking this journey with us!"
Starfield hotfix 1.7.29
PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
- Xbox Series X|S Improved stability related to installations.
- Various stability and performance improvements to reduce crashes and improve framerate.
- All That Money Can Buy: Fixed an issue where player activity could result in a quest blocker.
- Into the Unknown: Fixed an issue that could prevent the quest from appearing after the game is completed.
- Shadows in Neon: Fixed an issue where player activity could result in a quest blocker.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.