StarCraft 2 Patch Notes Detail Today's New Co-Op Content And Changes
A new co-op mission is now available based on a popular StarCraft Arcade game type.
StarCraft II's latest update is now available, and it primarily focuses on co-op.
The 3.11 update introduces a new co-op mission called Dead of Night. This is based on the Arcade mode Left2Die and sees players facing "an endless wave of infested monstrosities." The goal is to survive these attacks at night and then destroy infested structures during the day, when enemies are unable to move.
Co-op Commanders receive some attention in this patch, with three--those with Hero-spawning masteries--being redesigned. Others have been changed "in order to make [for] more compelling choices." Blizzard warns that some powers have been reordered, so you'll need to pay close attention to see if your normal routine has been disrupted.
You can see the new and adjusted mastery powers below. They include Zagara's evasion, which gives Zerglings a chance to dodge attacks, and Kerrigan's Augmented Immobilization Wave, which increases the ability's damage.
There are also new bundles for sale, improvements for Custom Game lobbies, and various bug fixes. You can see all of this in the full patch notes.
New Mastery Power:
- Chrono Boost Efficiency: Increases the speed gained from Chrono Boost.
Unity Barrier redesigned:
- All friendly units gain a Barrier that will block an attack or spell that deals at least 20 damage. This effect can only occur once every 240 seconds.
New Mastery Powers:
- Augmented Immobilization Wave: Increases the damage of Immobilization Wave.
- Expeditious Evolutions: Reduces the cost and research time for evolutions.
- Prolonged Mutating Carapace: Decreases the degeneration of shields from Mutating Carapace.
New Mastery Powers:
- Evasion: Adds a chance for Zerglings to dodge an attack.
- Sustained Frenzy: Increases the duration of Mass Frenzy.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com
Join the conversation