Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Is Shorter Than Was Reported, According to JJ Abrams
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker hits theaters on December 20, but with a shorter runtime than expected.
Back in October, it was reported that Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker would be the longest film entry in the franchise. A listing from AMC Theaters claimed the movie's runtime clocked in at 155 minutes, topping the 152 minute runtime of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Now, however, director JJ Abrams has revealed that length was incorrect. During an appearance on SiriusXM's EWLive, he confirmed that he believes the final running time for the film is "two hours and 21 minutes," or 141 minutes.
If that time holds, it means The Rise of Skywalker will not be the longest Star Wars movie, with The Force Awakens retaining that honor. Interestingly, a 141 minute runtime would also mean the film is a minute shorter than Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones.
- We Playtested Disney's Immersive Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Hotel, Here's What We Learned
- Leaked Obi-Wan Kenobi Sizzle Reel Gives First Look At Upcoming Series
- Star Wars: The Book Of Boba Fett Trailer Breakdown
- Hayden Christensen Will Return To Star Wars Yet Again For Ahsoka TV Show
- Arcade1Up Star Wars Pinball Review: Close To The Real Thing
- Star Wars Film Rogue Squadron Gets Its Writer - Report
- Star Wars Obi-Wan TV Show: Liam Neeson Says He's Not Involved
- John Boyega "Open To Come Back" To Star Wars
- Cosplay As The Mandalorian With This Fully Wearable Death Watch Helmet
- Huge Star Wars 4K Blu-Ray Sale Live Now For May The 4th
As the final chapter of the Skywalker Saga edges closer to arriving in theaters, fans are getting a better idea of what to expect from the film. A new clip was released, showing a thrilling chase filled with stormtroopers, blaster fights, and a funny moment between our heroes. Additionally, it was revealed by Abrams that the script for the film was leaked and wound up on Ebay. Don't bother looking for it, though, as production got it back before it could be sold.
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker hits theaters on December 20. If you can't wait that long for your Star Wars fix, don't forget The Mandalorian is airing weekly on Disney+.