Star Wars--The Mandalorian Season 2 Still On Track For 2020, Disney CEO Says
Despite the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, we can still expect a new season of The Mandalorian in October, Disney's Bob Chapek says.
The Mandalorian is due to return for a second season on Disney+ this October, but with the world currently gripped by a global pandemic, it's reasonable to question whether this date is still locked in. But confirmation has come in that plans for The Mandalorian Season 2 have not changed--it's still coming in October. (Update: You can watch the official season 2 trailer now too!)
Speaking to Deadline, Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Chapek explained that the series wrapped shooting before the COVID-19 outbreak, and has been in post-production ever since. He promised that there would be "no delays on Mandalorian."
In the interview, Chapek also talks about Disney's continued commitment to releasing films in cinemas, and that he's "optimistic" about the live-action Mulan's new July 24 release date. He also says that the current crisis will not impact Disney + too much. "We have a certain amount of inventory for Disney+ that is fueling the machine," he says. "Pre-production--the development phase--can still happen during these times of lockdown, post-production can still happen."
Another new Star Wars film is in development under the watchful eye of a Mandalorian alumni--Taika Waititi, who directed the season 1 finale and played IG-11 in the series.
- New On Disney Plus February 2022: Free Guy, The Book Of Boba Fett Finale, And More
- The Book Of Boba Fett Episode 3 Easter Eggs And References From The Star Wars Series
- We Playtested Disney's Immersive Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Hotel, Here's What We Learned
- Leaked Obi-Wan Kenobi Sizzle Reel Gives First Look At Upcoming Series
- Star Wars: The Book Of Boba Fett Trailer Breakdown
- Hayden Christensen Will Return To Star Wars Yet Again For Ahsoka TV Show
- Arcade1Up Star Wars Pinball Review: Close To The Real Thing
- Star Wars Film Rogue Squadron Gets Its Writer - Report
- Star Wars Obi-Wan TV Show: Liam Neeson Says He's Not Involved
- John Boyega "Open To Come Back" To Star Wars