Star Wars: Rogue One's Digital And Blu-ray/DVD Release Dates Announced, Bonus Features Revealed
The spinoff comes to home video next month.
Star Wars: Rogue One will be available to buy through digital platforms on March 24 and on Blu-ray/DVD on April 4, Disney announced today.
The home video version comes with a number of bonus features in which the filmmakers and cast will talk about where the idea for the movie came from and more. There are also character-specific chapters for Jyn, Cassian, and K-2SO. Considering Rogue One had a lot of reshoots, it's a little disappointing that there is no mention of deleted scenes being among the bonus features. But some of them sound pretty interesting, including one titled "The Story Continues," which will see the filmmakers and cast discuss "the Star Wars stories yet to be told."
Another feature, "The Princess & The Governor," will dive into how the filmmakers digitally created Princess Leia and Grand Moff Tarkin.
You can see a full rundown of Rogue One's bonus features below. There will be some retailer-exclusive versions, too; go to StarWars.com to find out more.
The next Star Wars film is Star Wars: The Last Jedi, which opens in December. Following that will be the untitled Han Solo movie; it started filming this week and a new cast image was released.
Rogue One Bonus Features:
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM's John Knoll came up with the movie's concept--and why it's the right film to launch the Star Wars standalone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One's defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance, and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk's performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of "Rogue One" – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of "Star Wars: A New Hope"--as well as one of her most memorable foes--back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect Rogue One to the Star Wars universe.