Star Wars: Rise Of Skywalker Trailer Reveals First Look At Lord Of The Rings Actor's Character
An unexpected journey.
Lost and The Lord of the Rings actor Dominic Monaghan has a role in the upcoming sci-fi blockbuster Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. We still don't know who specifically he plays, but the new Episode IX trailer has provided a first look at his character.
Monaghan appears to be playing a resistance fighter. He can be seen in the trailer standing behind Kelly Marie Tran's Rose Tico. This appears to be a tense moment when people are scrambling to prepare for battle.
Monaghan played Charlie Pace in Lost, which was co-created by Rise of Skywalker director JJ Abrams. This is the first time Monaghan and Abrams have worked together since.
Monaghan is also known for his portrayal of Merry in Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings series. He's done work for video games as well, as he played William Joyce in the video game/TV show hybrid Quantum Break from Control and Alan Wake developer Remedy.
Monaghan is not the only newcomer joining the cast in Rise of Skywalker. The Americans actress Keri Russell plays the mysterious Zorii Bliss, who is "very cool and a little bit shady."
In addition to the new trailer, Disney released a new poster for the movie, which you can check out below.
- Arcade1Up Star Wars Pinball Review: Close To The Real Thing
- Star Wars Film Rogue Squadron Gets Its Writer - Report
- Star Wars Obi-Wan TV Show: Liam Neeson Says He's Not Involved
- John Boyega "Open To Come Back" To Star Wars
- Cosplay As The Mandalorian With This Fully Wearable Death Watch Helmet
- Huge Star Wars 4K Blu-Ray Sale Live Now For May The 4th
- R2-D2 Nebula Smart Projector Gets First Discount For May The 4th
- Disney World's Star Wars Hotel Opening In 2022, New Details Revealed
- Star Wars Day Deal: Amazon Baby Yoda Bundle With Fire TV Stick 4K, Echo Dot For $109
- What Is Star Wars Day? The History Of May The 4th Be With You
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org