Star Wars: Battlefront Details Emerge Ahead of Announcement
[UPDATE] November 17 release date, 40-player battles, and free DLC confirmed.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
[UPDATE] These details and more have now been confirmed. Read GameSpot's in-depth coverage for lots more on Star Wars: Battlefront. Even more information about the game will be shared during a panel at the Star Wars Celebration today, which you can watch here.
The original story is below.
First, the report confirms that Battlefront will launch on November 17 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. This date was rumored yesterday when it was discovered in the source code on the game's website.
Some other notable details for The AP's report include:
- Multiplayer battles for up to 40 players pitting the Rebel Alliance against the Galactic Empire
- Locations such as Endor, Hoth, Taooine, and Sullust
- Playable characters include Darth Vader and Boba Fett
- Players can traverse the game on foot or speeder bikes, or even an AT-AT
- You can even fly TIE Fighters, X-Wings, or the Millennium Falcon
- Will offer a free DLC level called "Battle of Jakku" due to launch in early December. This content is based on the upcoming movie, Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens
Read the full AP story about Battlefront for even more on the game.
EA is expected to announce even more details and release a trailer for Battlefront today at the Star Wars Celebration during a panel that begins at 10:30 AM PDT. Check back with GameSpot then for even more.