Star Wars Battlefront Death Star DLC's Two New Characters Revealed
Bossk and Chewie join DICE's shooter.
DICE has revealed the two new characters that will be included in the upcoming Death Star expansion for Star Wars Battlefront. The first is Bossk, the Trandoshan bounty hunter, while the second is everyone's favourite Wookie, Chewbacca.
The announcement was made during Star Wars Celebration, where a number of developers working on a EA's various Star Wars titles appeared. Further details on the two characters were not released, but an image of Chewie was. Take a look at it below.
The Death Star expansion will be available to season pass holders in September. It introduces new ground and space maps, weapons, Star Cards, and two heroes. One of these characters is described as "larger-than-life" and someone DICE knows players have been waiting for.
During the panel a very brief trailer showed a number of fighter pilots engaging in combat, the scene was very reminiscent of the Death Star assault from A New Hope.
Another upcoming mode for Star Wars Battlefront is Skirmish, which allows players to have multiplayer battles offline. You can read more about it here.
In addition to the Battlefront sequel, a number of other Star Wars games are coming from internal and external studios to be published by EA.
EA Star Wars Games in Development:
- DICE -- Collaborating with Motive on new Star Wars Battlefront game, coming in 2017.
- Respawn -- Third-person action adventure game (no release date)
- Visceral Games -- New action game coming in 2018
- BioWare -- Continued development on Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Capital Games -- Continued development on Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
- Motive -- A new Star Wars Battlefront game, in collaboration with DICE.
- Criterion -- Assisting with development on unspecified Star Wars project
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.