Star Wars: Battlefront Aiming for 60fps, Will Have Destruction Where Appropriate
Target frame rate and lots more revealed for DICE's upcoming Star Wars shooter.
Every Game Delayed in 2022 So Far Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted - Duality Dungeon Trailer Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Official Teaser NES & Super NES - May 2022 Game Updates - Nintendo Switch Online Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes - Leicester Alliance Trailer Jurassic World Evolution 2: Dominion Biosyn Expansion | Announcement Trailer PlayStation State Of Play Announced Ahead of Summer Games Fest | GameSpot News Dislyte - Esper Profile: Laura (Neith) Honkai: Star Rail - Serval Trailer - "The Cusp of Ignition!" Mario Strikers: Battle League - Opening Movie PUBG MOBILE | EVANGELION Core Circle Mode Trailer Mario Strikers: Battle League Preview
Star Wars: Battlefront, the upcoming first- and third-person shooter from Battlefield developer DICE and based on the Original Trilogy, is aiming to run at 60fps. That's according to designer director Niklas Fegraeus, who revealed the game's target frame rate and lots more during a recent Twitter Q&A session.
Below are highlights from what Fegraeus had to say, along with other comments from the official EA Star Wars Twitter account.
Some notable topics include the level of destruction Battlefront will have (interesting since one of the hallmarks of DICE's other series, Battlefield is destruction), as well as the number of planets, maps, and modes that will be available at launch.
Battlefront arrives for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on November 17. People who pre-order the game will receive the Battle of Jakku expansion on December 1, while everyone else will get this free content a week later on December 8.
NEW STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT DETAILS:
- Targeting 60fps [source]
- Destruction: "We're using destruction where it make sense but also working to create something that is authentic to the universe." [source]
- Map sizes will vary: "We have varying map sizes, from large to small, to cater to different experiences and different modes." [source]
- Playable Heroes include Darth Vader, Boba Fett, and more to be revealed later: "You can play more than that, but so far we have only revealed Vader and Boba Fett. More will come." [source]
- Comparisons to original Battlefront games: "It is both different and similar in many ways. This is why we have done a reboot instead of calling it Battlefront 3." [source]
- There won't be space battles, but some air combat is featured: "You will be able to take to the skies over our planets and dogfight with squadrons of starfighters." [source]
- Playable Heroes will depend on the particular game mode: "Heroes depend heavily on the game mode. We will tell you more about heroes at a later date." [source]
- Will have plenty of powerups: "Yes, the shield is a Battlefront powerup, and we have many more to reveal in the future." [source]
- Will have a progression system: "Yes, there will be plenty of things to unlock, achieve, and collect. More on this will be revealed at a later date!" [source]
- Will feature four planets at launch: Endor, Hoth, Tatooine, and Sullust [source]
- PC specs have not been announced. But "it's going to look amazing on all platforms." [source]
- Will have more than 8 maps at launch, and more than two per planet [source]
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.