Star Wars Battlefront 2 Has A Last Jedi Update Out Now, Here's What It Adds
You can now play as Finn and Phasma.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi is nearly upon us, and EA is celebrating the occasion by introducing content based on the film into Star Wars Battlefront II. Rey was playable from the start, but now the game has added both Finn and the First Order's Captain Phasma.
In addition, the update brings two new maps: Crait, a mineral-rich planet where Resistance fighters and First Order agents battle in Galactic Assault; and D'Qar, a Starfighter Assault arena based on the Resistance's base from The Force Awakens. The final big additions in the new update are a new vehicle--Tallie's A-Wing--and free campaign DLC titled Resurrection, which adds three more chapters to the story.
Outside of new content, Battlefront II is changing much of its balancing. Heroes such as Lando and Emperor Palpatine have received significant buffs, while Boba Fett's powerful anti-Hero rockets have been nerfed. Finally, the game's online stability has been improved in the patch, says EA, with plenty more bug fixes also included. The update weighs in at approximately 10 GB, depending on platform, and it's out now on PS4 and PC with an Xbox One release coming within a few hours. For more, check out all the patch notes at the bottom of this article, via EA.
Star Wars Battlefront II's Last Jedi celebrations started earlier this week with a new in-game event, which allows you to ally yourself with the First Order or New Republic. Doing so presents you with special, weekly faction quests over the next few weeks with rewards that correspond to your side.
"Completing these will not only reward you with Credits and Crafting Parts, but help edge your faction closer to victory, giving all members of that side additional rewards," developer DICE explained. "The other faction will get a crate of their own with lesser prizes, but it will hopefully come with a drive to fight back even harder."
For this first challenge, players have to rack up 50 kills with each trooper class. This doesn't need to be completed before the next challenges arrive; you have until the end of the season to finish and can complete them in any order.
Throughout the month, other new challenges and special events will also arrive, including a holiday playlist on December 27. Everything will be available on all platforms and is scheduled to coincide with the release of The Last Jedi on December 15. For more on that, read our The Last Jedi review.
This all comes after an update a few days ago that altered Battlefront II's progression. Players now earn Credits more quickly and should generally get their hands on new items in less time, although the fundamentals of how the progression system work remain unchanged. We're still waiting to find out how EA plans to reimplement microtransactions, a move that we know is coming.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 Update 1.0 Patch Notes
- Increased Sharp Shot damage from 190 to 200
- Increased Sharp Shot range from 20 to 40 meters
- Closing attacks for lightsaber wielders are cancelled while in the smoke
- The Hot and Cold Star Card now works as intended
- Mind Control no longer blocks the target's abilities
- Survivor Star Card now has the correct description
- Extra health gained by Presence is no longer removed when going on cooldown, instead health starts depleting after 10 seconds
- Increased Presence recharge time from 16 to 20 seconds
- Increased Dash damage from 100 to 130
- Presence no longer cancels Darth Vader's Choke ability
- Jedi Mentor Star Card now has the correct description
- Master of the Force Star Card now works as intended
- Agility Star Card now correctly grants 1 extra dash instead of 2
- Increased health from 650 to 700
- Increased maximum regeneration from 150 to 300
- Increased regeneration rate from 50 to 75
- Decreased 1-hand Force lightning cost from 15 stamina/sec to 10 stamina/sec
- Decreased 2-handed Force lightning cost from 20 stamina/sec to 15 stamina/sec
- Increased Bowcaster's fire rate from 80 to 90
- Increased Bowcaster's Power increase per second from 0.9 to 2.5
- Increased Bowcaster's number of blaster shot from 1 to 3 on the base power modifier
- The middle grenade of Shock Grenade is fired away from Chewbacca and not towards him
- Increased Charge Slam's radius from 3 to 6
- Multi-Shock Star Card now the correct description
- Multi-Shock Star Card now works as intended
- Bonus Health Star Card now properly reward health bonus
- Enemies defeated by Chewbacca's Charge Slam are now sent flying
- Increased Predator Instinct's heat per bullet by 0.005
- Decreasing Predator Instinct's maximum possible active time while firing by 1 second
- Adjusted Bossk's Battle Points cost on certain maps
- Decreased each rank of bonus damage gained from Anti-hero rockets by 4
- Decreased each rank of extra rockets gained from Intense Barrage by 1
- For the Hunt doesn't give back fuel to the jetpack anymore, instead fuel won’t deplete while it is active
- The jetpack icon will now turn yellow when Boba Fett uses the For the Hunt ability, indicating that jetpack fuel is unlimited while the ability is active
- The Blaster Disabler ability no longer disables Boba Fett's, or his allies’, blaster when triggered
- Sharpshooting Frenzy Star Card now has the correct description
- Relentless Firing Star Cards now works as intended
- High Spirit Star Card now works as intended
- Furious Throw can now damage objectives and vehicles
- Fixed an issue where players would be invisible to each other in Versus Custom Arcade
- Fixed an issue where Darth Vader's Choke ability would instantly kill an enemy who stayed near a wall
- Fixed an issue where Bossk's Star Card Trap Arming Speed would not work as intended
- Fixed some LOD issues
- Fixed some VO issues
- Fixed some UI scaling issues
- Fixed some clipping issues
- Fixed some lighting issues
- Fixed some textures issues
- Removed an invisible platform on Kamino
- General bugfixes and polish
- Made improvements in reducing game server lag on large game modes
- Made improvements in reducing micro-stuttering/freezes during gameplay
- Made improvements to the idle-kick logic that detects players who aren’t participating in the match
- Reduced Flame Trooper damage over time effect and increase direct damage done to enemies in the center of the cone
- Adjusted spawn positions on Hoth while playing Strike
- Fixed an issue where players could use Jetpack Boost twice in a row, avoiding its cooldown
- Fixed an issue where players could not deploy in the LAAT at certain times
- Fixed an issue where players could spawn on top of each other at certain times
- Fixed an issue where Credits are not rewarded properly to all players at End of Round
- Fixed several localization and audio issues
- Fixed several collision and traversal issues on Kashyyyk
- Fixed several collision and traversal issues on Endor
- Fixed several collision and traversal issues on Tatooine
- Fixed several collision and traversal issues on Yavin 4
- Fixed an issue where the player is unable to zoom in after throwing a Detonite Charge
- Fixed an issue where Heroes could be instantly defeated if being run over by a Speeder
- Fixed several scoring event issues
- Unlocked the 2nd and 3rd Star Card slots for all four Trooper Classes
- With these slots unlocked, all new players, and existing players, will receive three Common Star Cards per Trooper Class to fill out their hand
- General bugfixes and polish
- Several stability and performance improvements
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.