Star Trek Day Is Today: Virtual Convention Reunites Nine Different Show Casts
From Star Trek: Picard to the original series, the stars of Star Trek are gathering for virtual panels you can watch from home.
First, there was SDCC@Home, which replaced the traditional San Diego Comic-Con. Then, DC FanDome spilled tons of information about the upcoming DC films, from The Batman to Black Adam. Today, September 8, marks the latest digital entertainment event: Star Trek Day, a celebration of all things Star Trek.
CBS All Access will present a 24-hour-long Star Trek Day stream. In addition to a bunch of marathons of various Star Trek shows, a series of panels will also be hosted, all streaming on CBS All Access.
The panels will see the casts of nine different series in the Trek universe coming together to talk about their experiences with the franchise, along with some teases of things that are to come. You can take a look below at the list of panels, which will be moderated by Star Trek: The Next Generation's Wil Wheaton and Levar Burton's daughter Mica Burton.
The Star Trek episode marathon has already begun, and the panels kick off at 3 PM ET/12 PM PT with Star Trek: Discovery. All eight panels will run back to back over the next few hours, and once the panels are completed, the marathon will continue. For those without CBS All Access, you can still access the day-long marathon on StarTrek.com.
Star Trek Day virtual panels schedule:
- Star Trek: Discovery (12 PM PT) - Sonequa Martin-Green, David Ajala, and executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Michelle Paradise
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (12:30 PM PT) - Terry Farrell, Alexander Siddig, Armin Shimerman, Nana Visitor, Cirroc Lofton, and executive producer Ira Steven Behr
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (1 PM PT) - Anson Mount, Rebecca Romijn, Ethan Peck, executive producers Akiva Goldsman and Henry Alonso Myers, and co-executive producers Akela Cooper and Davy Perez
- Star Trek: The Original Series (1:30 PM PT) - George Takei and the CEO of Roddenberry Entertainment, Rod Roddenberry
- Star Trek: Voyager (2 PM PT) - Kate Mulgrew, Robert Picardo, Robert McNeill, Garrett Wang, Tim Russ, Ethan Phillips
- Star Trek: Enterprise (2:20 PM PT) - Scott Bakula, Linda Park, John Billingsley, Dominic Keating, Anthony Montgomery, and Connor Trinneer
- Star Trek: Lower Decks (2:40 PM PT) - Tawny Newsome, Jack Quaid, Noël Wells, Eugene Cordero, and executive producer Mike McMahan
- Star Trek: Picard and Star Trek: The Next Generation (3:05 PM PT) - Patrick Stewart and Jonathan Frakes