Star Citizen Reaches $76 Million
The upcoming PC space sim from Wing Commander creator Chris Roberts hits yet another funding milestone.
Star Citizen, the upcoming crowdfunded PC "first-person universe" game from Wing Commander creator Chris Roberts and his new studio Cloud Imperium Games, has surpassed yet another funding milestone.
The game has now crossed $76 million in total funding, up from $75 million just two weeks ago. More than 850,000 people have backed the project to date.
Star Citizen is already said to be the most successful crowdfunded project, of any kind, in history. All additional funds raised for Star Citizen will go towards expanding the scope of the game.
Roberts previously predicted that Star Citizen would eventually reach $100 million. If funding continues at the pace of around $1 million every two weeks, the game will hit that mark before the end of the year. Just recently, Roberts said, "I don't think we're close to the addressable market" in terms of how much room the game still had to grow.
Additional recent Star Citizen stories are below.
- Star Citizen, Elite: Dangerous To Honor Leonard Nimoy
- Star Citizen PC Client Could Be 100 GB
- Major Star Citizen Patch Adds New Ships, Damage System, And More
- God of War Veteran Joins Star Citizen Dev
- Star Citizen's Damage System Makes Destroying Ships Look Good
- Star Citizen's Incredibly Deep Mining System Explained
- Watch Star Citizen Devs Talk Wormholes, In-Game AR, And Much More
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com
Join the conversation