Star Citizen Hits $77 Million, Up $1 Million in Five Days
Space game's crowdfunding campaign reaches yet another milestone.
The crowfunding campaign for Wing Commander creator Chris Roberts' upcoming PC space game Star Citizen continues to soar. The "first-person universe" game's total funding now stands at just over $77 million, which is up by $1 million in just five days. At press time, funding was $77,136,384 from 856,663 total backers.
Star Citizen is already said to be the most successful crowdfunded project, of any kind, in history. All additional funds raised for Star Citizen will go towards expanding the scope of the game.
Roberts previously predicted that Star Citizen would eventually reach $100 million. If funding continues at this pace, the game will hit that mark before the end of the year. Just recently, Roberts said, "I don't think we're close to the addressable market" in terms of how much room the game still had to grow.
In other Star Citizen news, developer Cloud Imperium Games has launched an official Instagram account for the game, giving you yet another way to track the title's development. Check out the page here.
Additional recent Star Citizen stories are below.
- Star Citizen, Elite: Dangerous To Honor Leonard Nimoy
- Star Citizen PC Client Could Be 100 GB
- Major Star Citizen Patch Adds New Ships, Damage System, And More
- God of War Veteran Joins Star Citizen Dev
- Star Citizen's Damage System Makes Destroying Ships Look Good
- Star Citizen's Incredibly Deep Mining System Explained
- Watch Star Citizen Devs Talk Wormholes, In-Game AR, And Much More