The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Spider-Man: Miles Morales Preorder Guide: Ultimate Edition, PS5 Version Info, And More Details
Spider-Man: Miles Morales is a PS5 launch title, and if you want a remastered version of the first game, you can snag it with the Ultimate edition.
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales is out November 12 for both PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, making it one of Sony's biggest titles of the year. Sony recently showed the first true gameplay footage of it during its recent PS5 event, and you can preorder it now. If you missed out on the first game, or just want a remastered version of it on your next-gen console this November, then you'll be happy to know that it's included with the Ultimate edition.
As the name suggests, the upcoming Spider-Man game follows the wall-crawling exploits of Miles Morales as he takes on the Tinkerer and their army of cyber-looking cronies. The gameplay demo we saw today showed some bad guys crashing Miles' mother's election rally, forcing him to suit up as Spidey and take them on. We also saw gameplay of Miles fighting off the baddies on a bridge and, soon after, saving a number of citizens from the falling debris. The $50 standard edition comes with the base Spider-Man: Miles Morales game.
As for its Ultimate edition, it costs $70 and is exclusive to the PS5. This is because it includes a PS5 remaster of the original Marvel's Spider-Man. Developer Insomniac says that players can expect to see "improved skin, eyes, hair, and facial animation" as well as ray-traced reflections, ambient shadows, and improved lighting--more pedestrians and vehicles are also said to be present in the remaster. And if you prefer performance over visuals, Spider-Man: Remastered has the same 60 FPS mode as the Miles Morales game. Insomniac also teased three new Spider-Man suits for the original game as well as new photo mode features and trophies.
Spider-Man: Miles Morales preorder bonuses
If you preorder Spider-Man: Miles Morales, you'll get a few bonuses:
- T.R.A.C.K. Suit: An alternate costume that has an unlockable "Untrackable Suit Mod."
- Second suit: TBA
- Gravity Well gadget: Unlock this gadget early. The Gravity Well lets you pull enemies together to disarm them.
- Extra Skill Points: Get 3 skill points right out of the gate.
- The Revamped PlayStation Store Starts Rolling Out With PS5 Game Preorders
- Destiny 2: Beyond Light Story Trailer Reveals The Power Of The Darkness
- Cyberpunk 2077 Features Animated Lip-Sync For All Of Its Supported Languages
- Demon's Souls Remake: Release Date, Story, Preorders, And Everything Else We Know
- HDMI 2.1 Explainer: Benefits, Supported Games, And Should I Have It Have For Next-Gen?
- Future Bethesda Titles Don't Need To Be Multiplatform, Says Xbox's Phil Spencer
- The Best Gaming Headset For PS5 (So Far): Astro, SteelSeries, And More
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla Has Gone Gold
- Marvel's Avengers PS5 And Xbox Series X/S Versions Delayed To 2021
- PlayStation 5's Biggest UI Changes: How Sony Is Reinventing Its Interface For PS5
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.