Spider-Man Far From Home Deleted Scene Shows Thanos Snapping Away Even More Characters
Spider-Man: Far From Home is available on 4K and Blu-ray on October 1.
We're well aware that in Avengers: Infinity War, Thanos, played by Josh Brolin, dusted so many people--half of all living beings, in fact. And yes, it was painful to watch characters like Peter Parker (Tom Holland) temporarily meet the ends of their lives, not realizing what's happening to them. However, it's not until the deleted scenes from Spider-Man: Far From Home that we see the most devastating victims of the blip, as the movie called it.
In the scene, which is titled "Betty Blips," we see both Betty Brant (Angourie Rice) and Jason Ionello (Jorge Lendeborg Jr.) doing their news broadcast at school when the snap happens. All too quickly they start turning to dust. Well, actually, they start fading away because visual effects on the scene clearly aren't done. Honestly, it makes the moment kind of funny.
As they fade out, Betty begs for help and asks what's happening. The scene then quickly cuts to Iron Man's (Robert Downey Jr.) snap from Avengers: Endgame, with the two instantly returning to the show's set, only to find someone else in Betty's spot, anchoring the news. "What just happened?" she screams in the scene. "Oh, excuse me. You're in my chair." Jason is much less composed, vomiting behind them and asking where his chair went.
It's a very funny moment, but one that would have been hard to place in the movie. While footage of the reverse snap is scene during Far From Home, in which the school's marching band reappears during a basketball game, it's such a quick moment that dwelling on it even longer would not have worked. Still, it's exciting to see that this particular moment was filmed and is now available.
The home release of Spider-Man: Far From Home comes loaded with other special features, including more deleted scenes, a bunch of featurettes, and even a short film about Peter Parker's daily routine--most of which is footage that was included in the theatrical rerelease.
Spider-Man: Far From Home won't be out on DVD, Blu-ray, and 4K UHD until October 1, but it is now available digitally through various storefronts, like Google Play, Vudu, Movies Anywhere, and iTunes.
Spider-Man: Far From Home
$20 in 4K
The digital release contains tons of special features from deleted scenes, featurettes, and a gag reel, all of which are detailed below.
- New Original Short, Peter's To-Do-List: Peter has a few errands to run before he can leave on his class trip.
- Teachers’ Travel Tips: Mr. Harrington & Mr. Dell present a few tips on how to traverse the European continent.
- Stepping Up: Explore how Spider-Man was introduced in the MCU, the ways Tom Holland transformed the character of Peter Parker, and what the future holds for Spider-Man.
- Suit Up: The suit doesn't make the hero--but it does play a big role in who they are and who they can become. This piece examines all of Peter's different suits in the movie, and with behind the scenes footage, we see why some suits are better than others.
- Far, FAR, Far from Home: The film's illustrious locations serve story points and establish tone, but they're also amazing to travel to! Hear from the cast on their experiences filming on-location.
- It Takes Two: A special look at the chemistry between Jon Watts and Tom Holland.
- Fury & Hill: MCU stalwarts Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson are back as Agent Maria Hill & Nick Fury!
- The Ginter-Riva Effect: A look at the villain sub-plot and how William Ginter-Riva ties Spider-Man: Far From Home all the way back to the beginning of the MCU.
- Thank You, Mrs. Parker: A look at Marisa Tomei's reimagining of Aunt May, from Homecoming to Far From Home.
- The Brother’s Trust: A quick look into some of the amazing work Tom Holland and his brothers have done through their charity, The Brothers Trust.
- The Jump Off: Interviews with the cast & crew take us through all of the amazing stunts of Far From Home.
- Now You See Me: We examine the evolution of Mysterio and why Jake Gyllenhaal was the perfect fit for the role.
- Stealthy Easter Eggs: Allow E.D.I.T.H. to reveal some of the hidden Easter Eggs you may have missed!
- Select Scene Pre-Vis: A side by side comparison of the Pre-Vis with the film
- Gag Reel & Outtakes
- Never-Before-Seen Alternate & Extended Scenes
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.