Sony E3 2015 Press Conference News Roundup
Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian, No Man's Sky, and more.
How Games Get SMGs Wrong - Loadout Fortnite’s Huge Update Almost Feels Like Fortnite 2 Firearms Expert Reacts To The Order: 1886’s Guns The Game Awards 2023 Recap 12 Minutes Of Ultrawide Avatar: Frontiers Of Pandora Gameplay Fortnite - Rocket Racing Official Launch Trailer Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth - Kiryu's Bucket List Story Trailer Guilty Gear -Strive- Elphelt Valentine Gameplay Starter Guide Devil May Cry: Peak Of Combat | V | Releases on Jan 10. 24 | Showcase Brief #2 The Best Game Awards 2023 Trailers Every Reveal at The Game Awards 2023 in 21 Minutes FINAL FANTASY XVI | DLC Trailer
Sony ended today's string of E3 2015 press conferences with an assortment of game news and announcements.
The company's conference started off with a bang with a new trailer for The Last Guardian. It then followed up with tons of new trailers and footage for Street Fighter V, No Man's Sky, and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. But there were also announcements for brand new games like the next Hitman game, Guerrilla Games' new IP Horizon: Zero Dawn, and a remake of Final Fantasy VII.
Here's a roundup of all the biggest news from Sony's E3 2015 press conference.
Previously Announced Games With New Info:
- Sony began the press conference with a new gameplay demonstration for The Last Guardian, which confirmed that the long awaited Sony title is still alive and well. The game is being directed by Fumito Ueda and will release in 2016.
- A new trailer for Street Fighter V revealed classic series characters Cammy and Birdie for the roster.
- Hello Games gave an all-new gameplay demonstration of No Man's Sky. It featured a glimpse of space combat and a planet generated on the fly.
- Media Molecule came up to give more information on their newest IP called Dreams. The developer also showed some of the interactive animated sequences that players can create.
- Santo's humorous Firewatch was announced to be getting a release on the PS4.
- A new trailer announced the newest Destiny expansion called The Taken King.
- PS4 will be getting a Devolver Digital bundle of indie titles.
- Sony showed the other side of Assassin Syndicate with some gameplay of Evie Frye, the twin sister of Jacob Frye. The game will be getting content exclusive to the PS4.
- Sony showed off a cinematic trailer for Batman: Arkham Knight that covers the first moments of the upcoming open world game.
- Activision took to the stage to reveal Call of Duty: Black Ops III's co-op campaign gameplay and a multiplayer gameplay trailer. It was also announced that PS4 users will be getting exclusive map packs and access to online betas.
- John Vignocchi appeared on to the Sony stage to show a new trailer of Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition, which adds Star Wars characters to the roster. The game is expected to launch this fall.
- DICE debuted new gameplay for Star Wars: Battlefront for the game's survival mode. It had players fighting off waves of enemies while completing objectives.
- To end it off, Naughty Dog revealed new gameplay for Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.
Newly Announced Games:
- Killzone studio Guerrilla Games announced their newest IP called Horizon: Zero Dawn. A gameplay demonstration was shown that had a tribal protagonist fighting off robotic dinosaur-like creatures.
- A trailer was revealed ahead of the Square Enix press conference for the new Hitman game, which simply titled Hitman. The game will release on other platforms but will feature content exclusive to the PS4.
- Square Enix debuted a trailer for a new game in the Final Fantasy franchise called World of Final Fantasy. It will release for PS4 and PS Vita in 2016.
- Square Enix also announces a remake of Final Fantasy VII. It will be coming to PS4 first.
- Sony announces the launch of a Kickstarter for Shenmue 3. Seriously. It's real.
Other Sony News:
- The company announced more details about its cloud-based TV service called PlayStation Vue. The service will now be rolling into Los Angeles and San Francisco. According to Sony's Andrew House, PlayStion Vue users can subscribe to individual channels instead of having to subscribe to multi-channel packages. PlayStation Plus members are also able to get discounted rates.
All The Latest Sony Image Galleries
- Last Guardian E3 2015 First Look Gallery
- Uncharted 4 E3 2015 First Look Gallery
- Horizon: Zero Dawn E3 2015 First Look Gallery
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake E3 2015 First Look Gallery
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.