The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Sonic The Hedgehog Movie Is Out Now On Digital
The Sonic movie will also get a physical release later this spring.
Paramount Pictures' Sonic the Hedgehog is now available on digital storefronts. The early release, which comes less than two months after the film had a strong opening in theaters, continues the new trend of film studios releasing movies on digital far ahead of schedule due to the coronavirus pandemic. Those waiting for the 4K UHD, Blu-ray or DVD physical releases will have to wait until May 19, though.
The digital, 4K UHD, and Blu-ray releases all come packed with a bunch of extras, including commentary from director Jeff Fowler and Sonic voice actor Ben Schwarz, bloopers and deleted scenes, a Dr. Robotnik character breakdown by actor Jim Carrey, and more. You can check the full list of bonus features below.
On top of all of this, the 4K UHD digital and physical releases of Sonic the Hedgehog come with Dolby Vision, a format that "brings entertainment to life through ultra-vivid picture quality with spectacular colors, highlights that are up to 40 times brighter, and blacks that are 10 times darker," according to a press release. Further, these two versions also pack in a Dolby Atmos soundtrack "remixed specifically for the home to place audio anywhere in the room, including overhead."
Sonic the Hedgehog's imminent home and digital releases featuring a few more goodies, including a new animated short that show the blue blur's "next adventure around the world," a printed limited edition comic book found in the 4K UHD and Blu-ray combo pack, and more.
We gave the film an 8/10 in our Sonic the Hedgehog review, calling it "a light, funny movie, and while it definitely skews young, longtime Sonic fans should have just as much fun finally seeing the Blue Blur on the big screen."
Purchase Sonic the Hedgehog on Digital
Digital HD - $20
Digital 4K UHD -- $25
Pre-order Sonic the Hedgehog on Blu-ray (May 19)
- See Blu-ray/DVD -- $28
- See 4K UHD Blu-ray/Blu-ray -- $28
- See 4K UHD Blu-ray/Blu-ray (Steelbook Edition) -- $35
Sonic the Hedgehog Bonus Features (Digital, 4K UHD, and Blu-ray)
- Commentary by director Jeff Fowler and the voice of Sonic, Ben Schwarz.
- Around the World in 80 Seconds--See Sonic's next adventure!
- Deleted Scenes--Director Jeff Fowler introduces deleted scenes.
- Bloopers--Laung along with Jim Carrey and the cast.
- "Speed Me Up" music video.
- For the Love of Sonic--Jim Carrey and the cast discuss what Sonic the Hedgehog means to them.
- Building Robotnik with Jim Carrey--See Jim Carrey bring the supervillain Dr. Robotnik to life.
- The Blue Blur: Origins of Sonic--Explore the origins of the legendary Blue Blur.
- Sonic on Set--Visit the set with the voice of Sonic, Ben Schwartz.
Best Deals This Week
- Luigi's Mansion 3 For $42, Cuphead For $16, And More Great Deals In Latest Switch eShop Sale
- Huge Star Wars Sale At GameStop Is Live: Black Series Action Figures, Funko Pops, And More
- Madden NFL 21 Gets Release Week Discount
- PSA: These Big PS5 Games Are $10 Off Right Now, In A Roundabout Way
- Here's Where You Can Get A Nintendo Switch Lite
- All The Free Game Promotions You Can Claim On PS4, Xbox One, PC, And More
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com