Solo: A Star Wars Story Teaser Trailer Debuts During Super Bowl, Looks Awesome
The first trailer for Solo: A Star Wars Story has been released, giving us a look at the upcoming Han Solo origin movie. The trailer made its debut during the Super Bowl and shows a young Han signing up to be a pilot. In typical Han fashion he confidently proclaims that he's going to be the "best in the galaxy."
The trailer clocks in at just under a minute and gives us fleeting glimpses at its star-studded cast, which includes Game of Thrones actress Emilia Clarke, who plays a character called Qira. Also making an appearance is Donald Glover, who plays a young Lando Calrissian and is sporting a rather ostentatious fur coat. Woody Harrelson also pops up to deliver a quick but charming wave.
Tying it all together are high-octane shots of soaring ships, exploding trucks,, twisting trains, and a Star Destroyer lurking ominously in some clouds. Perhaps most excitingly though there's a quick glimpse of Han's iconic ship, the Millennium Falcon. Watch it out above, or check out our Solo: A Star Wars Story trailer breakdown.
Solo has had a bit of troubled production, with director Ron Howard taking over duties from Chris Miller and Phil Lord in June 2017. There have been rumors that Howard has reshot a lot more of the movie than initially expected, and at least one role had to be recast, with Paul Bettany replacing Michael K. Williams. Bettany himself commented in the issue, and said that Howard "reshot a lot more than was originally intended."
Donald Glover, who plays Lando in the movie, last month stated that despite the lengthy production, little about the film altered after Howard came on board. "It didn't really [change]," he said. "I think we were never faced with anything like that and [Howard] did a good job of coming in and didn't want us to change what we were doing at all. He wanted us to be comfortable with our vision."
Solo: A Star Wars Story stars Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo and Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca. Woody Harrelson, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, and Emilia Clarke also star. It hits theaters on May 25, 2018.
You can see more of this year's Super Bowl commercials below.
- The Best And Funniest Commercials From Super Bowl LII
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Teaser Trailer Debuts At Super Bowl, And It Looks Awesome
- Full Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer Is Here, And It's Fantastic
- Avengers: Infinity War Super Bowl Movie Trailer: "So This Is It"
- Westworld Season 2 Trailer Confirms Release Date During The Super Bowl
- New Cloverfield Movie Releases On Netflix Today, Teaser Shown At Super Bowl
- The Rock's Super Bowl Movie Trailer Shows Him Jumping Off A Skyscraper
- Mission: Impossible Fallout Super Bowl LII Trailer Is Non-Stop Action
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Gets New Trailer During Super Bowl LII
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org