SOE President doesn’t dodge questions about similarities between H1Z1 and DayZ
John Smedley also said that H1Z1 will be available in Early Access for $20.
President of Sony Online Entertainment John Smedley took to Reddit to answer some questions about the recently announced H1Z1, and he didn't tiptoe around the game’s similarities to the hugely successful DayZ.
“Not going to give some politically correct dodgy b.s. answer,” he said. “H1Z1 is a survival in a Zombie Apocalypse game. So is Day Z. They have made a brilliant game (first I might add). They have a great vision for it and can count myself and most of the people on our team as fans and contributors.”
Smedley then went on to describe how H1Z1 is different because it lets players build structures, forts, and towns to protect themselves from zombies.
“So sure. We're another Zombie Apocalypse game,” Smedley said. “Call it what it is. But our goal is to make ours fun, accessible, hard core and super, super deep.”
Some other interesting details Smedley revealed about H1Z1:
- It will be available in Early Access for $20 (but you can also just wait for it to come out as free-to-play).
- You can play it in both first and third-person.
- Vehicles are in third-person only, but this could change.
- The game will have an emphasis on getting food, growing, and protecting it.
- The game will not have playable female characters at early access release.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org