Smite Adds Cthulu To Its Roster In June With The Great Dreamer Update 7.5
The Old Gods are back in Smite, baby.
Hot on the heels of Hi-Rez Studios' announcement regarding the latest Smite Final Boss Battle Pass is news that Cthulu will be officially announced as the MOBA's next god. Smite will be showing off their next big update, called The Great Dreamer, as part of a streamed show on May 26 at 3PM ET. The stream will give fans a better idea of what's to come.
The Great Dreamer update show will debut on Smite's official Twitch channel, offering players a chance to catch their very first glimpse of Cthulu in action. Cthulu will be the first god in the Old Ones pantheon added to Smite, and others could be introduced over time.
The fact that the pantheon is called the Great Old Ones likely signals that there will be more Lovecraftian horrors to look forward to in the future. Cthulu is going to be available for players to access from early June, which will give those who haven't quite familiarised themselves with the Smite battleground a chance to git gud.
Smite is free to play on PC, Switch, PlayStation and Xbox currently, though players have the option of purchasing premium in-game currency using real money should they wish to pick up Battle Passes and other seasonal content drops.
The Smite Final Boss Battle Pass costs 600 Gems in-game, and it will come with a host of new skins and narrative content that you can currently access while you wait to hear more about Cthulu's grand entrance. Those who want more detail about the upcoming patch can check out detailed notes on the official Smite website in advance of the 7.5 Update going live on June 2.
- Smite Adding Tsukuyomi, The Japanese God Of The Moon
- Free New Xbox One Games With Gold Now Available For June 2018
- Free Xbox One Games With Gold For June Confirmed
- All The Halloween 2017 In-Game Events And Updates
- Smite Xbox One Producer Discusses Why MOBA Games Will Be Big on Consoles
- F1 2015, Smite, The Red Solstice, Rocket League - New Releases
- Volume, The Flock, Tales From The Borderlands, Trine 3 - New Releases
- New Smite Patch Introduces a Training Map, Weakens Its Newest Character
- League of Legends vs. Dota 2 vs. Smite vs. Heroes of the Storm - Which MOBA Is Right For You?
- Smite Xbox One/PS4 Patch Adds Optional 60 FPS Mode, New God With Wolf Companion
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.