Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS April Nintendo Direct reveals Charizard, Zero Suit Samus, and more
Today's Nintendo Direct confirmed several new additions to the Smash Bros. roster including Charizard, Greninja, Zero Suit Samus, and Sheik.
Overwatch 2 Queue Times and Server Issues, Explained | GameSpot News Modern Warfare 2's Beta - The Good, Bad, and Ugly WILD HEARTS | 7 Minutes of Gameplay Gotham Knights Hands On Preview - We're Cautiously Optimistic 12 Minutes of Gotham Knights Co-Op Gameplay DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT – Next-Gen Release Date Trailer Of Ballads and Brews Event Cutscene Animation: "The Wind Returns for the Fairbrew" | Genshin Impact Call of Duty®: Mobile - Official Season 9: Zombies Are Back Trailer Dead Cells: Boss Rush Update - Gameplay Trailer Varus | New Champion - Legends of Runeterra 6 Things We Wish We Knew Before Playing Overwatch 2 HELLRAISER Cast on Making Queer Horror
Will there be any new character reveals? Will we finally get confirmation of any characters from previous games? Stay tuned to this story for any potential character reveals when (and if) they happen!
In the meantime, who do you want to see in the next game? Let us know in the comments below.
- The Yellow Devil from Mega Man will be a boss character in the Dr. Wily stage.
- Ridley from Metroid made a brief teasing cameo, implying he will also be a boss in the game.
- Zero Suit Samus (now with jet boots).
- Both Sheik and Zero Suit Samus are standalone characters this time around, and that means you won't be able to switch characters mid-stage if you're playing as Zelda or Samus.
- Yoshi (and now he stands on two-feet, rather than standing like a dinosaur).
- Charizard (and did you catch a glimpse of his Mega Evolution form?)
What else happened during the Nintendo Direct?
- We got new details on the game's online modes and an exclusive mode for the 3DS version
- The game has a summer release date on 3DS and winter on Wii U
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.