Sky: Children Of The Light Patch Notes Bring Bug Fixes And New Bonus Events
The last two weeks of Sky's current season will see a heap of bonus events.
Thatgamecompany's multiplayer mobile game Sky: Children of the Light is nearing the end of its current season, with just under two weeks remaining. The penultimate event in the Season of Enchantment was delayed until June 11 to give the team time to fix a number of bugs present in the previous version of the game. Those fixes have now been released--along with a number of nice bonuses to look forward to in the next month.
The sixth and final Forgotten Ark quest will be released on June 11, enabling players to complete the season and see the ending cutscene--a departure from previous seasons where players would have to unlock all seasonal cosmetics to complete the story.
A new "Days of Rainbow" event will also run from June 10 to June 14, where rainbows will appear in realms as part of daily quests, as well as boasting an extra candle cluster at the rainbow's end. Players in the game's beta version have previewed what this new event will look like.
For players who are struggling to complete the seasonal cosmetics before the season's end, a bonus event will grant double seasonal candles from June 15 to the season's final day on June 21. These will appear as extra candle stacks in the daily quest realm.
After the end of the season, bonuses will continue in the form of double treasure candles, the large candle stacks marked by red candles in the home space, while Travelling Spirits will appear weekly in between seasons.
A number of bug fixes are now live in the new update. Here's the full list from the patch notes:
- Fixed issue impacting screenshots on iOS and Android
- Fixed issue causing players to be thrown out of bounds when skipping the cutscene at the Hidden Forest temple
- Fixed touch-input issues impacting dpad, shout, stepping, and camera control
- Fixed floating candles in Forgotten Ark
- Improvements to spell icons for visual clarity
- Fixed three candles in Hidden Forest that were not granting light
- Fixed issue where unavailable button color was not properly greyed out
- Fixed issue impacting running animations and stepping mode on left side of screen in two-handed mode
- Fixed animation issue when a player takes out their candle or picks up a crab in certain stances
- Optimizations for cloud rendering
- Fixed issue where only the cancel button appeared on the confirmation menu when unlocking items from Spirit’s friendship trees
- Fixed issue where message candles were not properly displaying for other players
Sky: Children of the Light is free to play now on Android and iOS, with a Nintendo Switch release planned for later this year.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.