The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Silent Hill 4: The Room Now On GOG In Time For Halloween
In preparation for the spooky season, Silent Hill 4: The Room is now on GOG for $10.
One of the more off-kilter Silent Hill titles, Silent Hill 4: The Room, is now available on digital PC game distributor GOG for $10. The game was last made available via the Japanese PlayStation Network in 2012.
Silent Hill 4: The Room originally launched in 2004 for PC, PlayStation 2, and Xbox. It centered on protagonist Henry Townshend as he attempted to escape from his apartment in the southern part of a fictional city called Ashfield. On top of its more traditional puzzle-solving elements, Silent Hill 4: The Room also features a bit more combat than previous Silent Hill installments.
Upon its release, Silent Hill 4: The Room received favorable reviews. On GameSpot sister site Metacritic, the game sits at an aggregate score of 67 on PC and 76 on both PS2 and Xbox. We scored it a 7.6 in our 2006 review of Silent Hill 4: The Room, saying, "Silent Hill 4: The Room is an interesting sequel; it attempts to branch out in several areas of gameplay and setting, while remaining true to the psychological thriller style that's always set the Silent Hill series apart from more action-oriented scares."
The system requirements for Silent Hill 4: The Room have also been revealed, and they're pretty humble. The game only needs 2 GB of memory and 5 GB of storage. Specific processors aren't necessary, other than requiring 1.8 GHz of speed. Check Silent Hill 4: The Room's specs below.
Silent Hill 4: The Room PC System Requirements
- System: Windows 7 / 8 / 10
- Processor: 1.8 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 9.0c and 256 MB VRAM
- Storage: 5 GB
- Other: XInput controllers are partially supported (right stick may not be possible to bind). Most common DirectInput controllers are supported. Please refer to the recommended button layout available here.
Silent Hill 4: The Room also supports cloud saves and controllers.
October is here, which means Halloween is steadily creeping on the moonlit horizon. To get in the mood for the spooky season, we've rounded up some of the best games to play for Halloween this year. The list is long and includes titles like Little Nightmares, Silent Hill 2, and Until Dawn.
Black Friday 2020 Deals And News
- Best Black Friday Gaming Deals (Switch, PS4, PS5, and Xbox One/Series X)
- Black Friday 2020 Deals And Ads At Walmart, Target, Best Buy, And More
- Black Friday Ad Scans 2020: Best Deals At Walmart, Target, And More
- Latest Walmart PS5, Xbox Series X Restock Sells Out In 2 Minutes
- GameStop Will Restock PS5, Xbox Series X In Stores On Black Friday 2020
- Best Black Friday 2020 Nintendo Switch Deals: Games, Console Bundle, And More
- Best Black Friday 2020 PS5 And PS4 Deals: Games, PS Plus, And More
- Best Black Friday 2020 Xbox Series X And Xbox One Deals
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.