Server Woes Worsen Following H1Z1's Disaster Launch
Game goes dark as patch accidentally introduces new bug.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Netflix's Best New October 2018 Releases: Movies And TV Shows To Watch Red Dead Redemption 2 File Size And Other Stats Revealed - GS News Update Battlefield V - Official Single Player Trailer Pokemon Let's Go Seems Perfect For First-Timers Epic Adds In-Game Tournaments To Fortnite And Sues Cheaters - GS News Update Fortnite Adds Quadcrasher And Vaults Port-A-Fortress - GS News Update AHS: Everything We Know About Constance Langdon Anna And The Apocalypse - Official International Red Band Trailer Starlink: Battle For Atlas Video Review Challenge Us At Soulcalibur 6 (PS4) | GameSpot Community Fridays History of Michael Myers | Halloween Pokemon Go's Gen 4 Pokemon Out Now - GS News Update
Launch problems for H1Z1, Sony's open-world zombie survival horror game, have dragged on into the sixth day, with the game now completely offline as a major patch is being introduced.
John Smedley, the president of Sony Online Entertainment, apologised on Twitter after a new bug slipped into the code while the team was trying to fix other problems. Fans found that the game's servers fell offline on Tuesday at 2pm Pacific, then went back online several hours later, and went back down again moments after that.
At the time of going to press, the game is still offline and Smedley--having worked a punishing schedule to combat the launch problems--has decided to try and resolve the new problems as opposed to re-introducing the old patch.
Ok servers are up. Patch away. Good to go for h1z1— John Smedley (@j_smedley) January 21, 2015
Looks like a bug slipped in we are fixing fast. Coming down briefly— John Smedley (@j_smedley) January 21, 2015
Still working on 2 issues. Sorry for the extended downtime. Kind of issues that must be solved and not just go back to last patch.— John Smedley (@j_smedley) January 21, 2015
Meanwhile, the game's popularity has led to extensive queuing, which can last more than an hour, while Sony Online Entertainment is trying to invest in more servers for the EU territory. The burden of its popularity has led to numerous in-game bugs, to the detriment of features such as frame-rate and network stability.
The newest update, when its own bugs are removed and goes live, is expected to come with the following fixes:
- Fixed issue with loot rules which were preventing spawning items inside containers
- Metal Gate should now work properly
- Floating Arrows should no longer cause damage or obstruct vehicles.
- Structures are now more resistant to damage
- Zombies should no longer slide or attack while knocked down
- Dragging a stack of items that was too large to fit in your inventory would not move any of the stack. It now tops off as much as it can fit
- Fixed issue where the inventory wouldn't accept the maximum it could hold when picking up items from proximity/containers.
- The dew collector should work now, seriously
- Adjusted many items so that they will stack in the inventory properly
- Added a recipe for a Metal Door that is more durable than a wooden door
- Additional server list sorting options are now available
- The inventory option "Delete" has been removed
- “Drop”, “Unload” and “Place” inventory options have been removed from proximity items
- Rebalanced melee damage, including fists
- Enabled melee headshot damage for NPC's and players Have feedback on the new melee changes? Post them inJimmy's thread here
- Fixed issue with the Runamok Toxic Cavern container not working
- Stagnant water can now be purified in barbecue.
- Bear meat can now be cooked on a barbecue.
- Rabbit stew can now be cooked. It now requires cooked rabbit meat instead of raw rabbit meat.
- Hammers, wrenches, and combat knives can now be melted down into bars inside of a furnace.
- Some larger items like the machete and AR15 now yield more metal bars when melted in a furnace.
- Animal traps now take damage.
- The animal trap recipe now require four nails.
- Fixed picking overlapping blackberry bushes where players sometimes had crouch to pick them successfully
- Fixed event tickets so that tickets found in the world are granted and the name and count show up properly
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com