Sega releases a partial list of upcoming Dreamcast titles
Sega of Japan has released a partial list of upcoming Dreamcast titles.
Although the Dreamcast itself may not be further manufactured, Sega will continue to support the hardware, and users who currently own a Dreamcast, will several game releases in 2001. Sega of Japan has released a partial list of games for 2001, which is shown below:
- The House of the Dead 3 - Sega is developing both an arcade and a Dreamcast version of this latest game in the zombie-shooting series. The company promises new zombies in this latest version. The Dreamcast version will be released this summer in Japan.
- Dynamic Golf - The game includes realistic course flybys and TV-style replays, and Sega promises graphically intensive course designs.
- Get Bass 2 - This sequel will be released this summer in Japan, and it includes new gameplay modes and further emphasis on network functions.
- Alien Front - Also set for this summer in Japan, this is a port of the game originally released on the PC platform.
- As Snow... - This love sim is being developed by Wow Entertainment (AM1).
- Outtrigger - The first-person shooter from Sega.
- Shenmue II - The sequel to Yu Suzuki's action-adventure that follows the life of Ryo Hazuki in 1980s Japan, Hong Kong, and China.
- Project Propeller Online - This network-compatible shooting game is also being developed by AM2 and Yu Suzuki.
- Derby Owners Club Online - The online version of the simulation game that lets players bet on virtual horse races.
- Power Smash 2 - New to this sequel are female players, a new mode of play, and more power-ups and items to amass. The game will be released first on the Naomi arcade board.
- Crazy Taxi 2 - The location in this sequel moves from the West Coast to the East Coast. No further details were revealed.
- Let's Make a Monster! - This game lets players draw 2D monsters and watch them turn into 3D creatures. Players can then take their 3D creatures and fight other monsters.
- Victory Goal 2001 (working title) - An arcade-style soccer game that is being developed by Smilebit. It is the latest in the Worldwide Soccer series.
- Tabitsuku 2 (working title) - A racehorse promotion simulation.
- Guru-guru Onsen 2 (working title) - No further information available.
- Sonic Adventure 2 - The sequel to Sonic Adventure, which features more action elements than the previous game.
- K-Project (working title) - The developers of Space Channel 5, United Game Artists, are working on this shooting game.
- New Space Channel 5 (working title) - Ulala makes her return in this UGA developed sequel.
- World Series Baseball 2K2
- Floigan Brothers - Visual Concepts' platformer will also be released in 2001.
- ToeJam & Earl (working title) - ToeJam & Earl will make their return to Sega's console this year. Specific details are scarce, but the game will stay true to the look and feel of the Genesis original.
- Farnation - Scheduled for release this summer, Farnation is Sega's interpretation of a massively multiplayer RPG. If done properly, it will be a first for the console market.
- Bikkuriman 2000 - This is a RPG based on the Japanese cartoon series.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com