See Evolve's Deadly Behemoth Monster and New Hunters in Action
Check out a new gameplay trailer that shows off Evolve's new Monster and Hunters, coming to the game next week as DLC.
What Halo Infinite's Delay Means For Xbox Series X's Launch | Generation Next Top New Video Games Releasing On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- August 9-15, 2020 13 TV Shows Netflix Has Canceled In 2020 Cyberpunk 2077 - Which Life Path Is Right For You? Call Of Duty: Warzone - Top 5 Glitches The Legend of Korra: 11 Best Episodes To Watch Apex Legends Season 6 – Boosted Gameplay Trailer Fortnite Removed From App Store, Epic Games Suing Apple | Save State Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Warehouse Comparison AHS Hotel Episode 11 "Battle Royale" Breakdown The Twilight Zone Season 2: "Try, Try" Season 2 Episode 9 Breakdown & Easter Eggs! Dying Light: Hellraid - Launch Trailer
2K Games and Turtle Rock Studios on Thursday released a new gameplay trailer for Evolve that offers an in-depth look at the game's upcoming DLC. On display in the video is the game's fourth playable Monster, a golem-like creature called Behemoth, as well as the four new Hunter characters.
Behemoth is a new breed of Monster.
"It is the largest monster in Evolve. It is the largest monster there will ever be in Evolve," Turtle Rock says. "He was literally made as large as we could make him."
Due to his enormous size, Behemoth cannot jump or leap. Instead, he moves by "rolling across the landscape like a juggernaut." Check out the video above to see Behemoth in action.
For lots more on Behemoth, check out GameSpot's in-depth interview with Turtle Rock co-founder Chris Ashton about the creature.
Behemoth and the new Hunters will be available in Evolve across all platforms on March 31. Turtle Rock will also release new maps and more on that date; some of the content is coming first to Xbox One.
A breakdown of all the new content coming to Evolve next week is available below.
Available March 31:
- Fourth playable Monster: Behemoth. Free for everyone who pre-ordered Evolve. Otherwise, players can buy the monster for $15 through the Monster Expansion Pack.
- Four new playable Hunters: Included with the $25 Hunting Season Pass or $7.50 each.
- Torvald -- A Cyborg Assault character with a mortar cannon for an arm
- Crow -- A Trapper with a pet Batray for tracking Monsters
- Slim -- A genetically modified combat Medic
- Sunny -- A Support character equipped with a mini-nuke grenade launcher
- Two free maps: The Broken Hill Mine and Broken Hill Foundry. These will launch first on Xbox One before they arrive on PC and PlayStation 4 on April 30.
- Free Observer Mode: Designed to support and expand broadcasting.
Players who do not buy Behemoth or the new Hunters are still able to play against or alongside the new characters. 2K says this will add "depth and replayability for the entire Evolve community without dividing players based on what additional content they own."
Evolve released on February 10 and, according to parent company Take-Two, enjoyed an "incredibly successful" launch. It was the second best-selling physical game in February, outsold only by The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, at least in the United States.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com