Save 20% On Nintendo Switch, Xbox One Digital Downloads At Target This Week
Boost your digital library for cheaper.
While it's no secret digital games are increasing in popularity due to their convenience and immediacy, the flip side of that equation is that digital titles are often as expensive, if not more expensive, than physical copies of games these days. But if you strongly prefer to buy games digitally, Target's latest weekly deal will be of interest, as the retailer is offering 20% off digital downloads all week long, including full games (for Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC), add-ons, in-game currencies, and season passes. After purchasing the download, you'll receive a download link via email, according to Target. It's worth mentioning Amazon is price-matching some of these deals as well.
Notably, the deal includes a discount on the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Pass for Nintendo Switch, which is discounted to $20 from $25 (Amazon has it for the same price). That'll get you all five Challenger Packs, which includes five bonus fighters, stages, and music. Three new fighters have already been released--Joker, the Hero from Dragon Quest, and Banjo-Kazooie--and two more will join Smash Ultimate's roster in the coming months.
You can also get a 12-month Nintendo Switch Online Family Membership for only $28--it usually sells for $35. We last saw this deal at Target during Prime Day 2019, and it didn't stick around for long. If you have multiple friends or family members interested in Switch Online, getting the family membership will definitely get you the biggest bang for your buck, as you can split the price of the membership and get Switch Online access for up to eight Nintendo account holders. With this deal, that drops the price of a 12-month membership to as low as $3.50 per person. Note that if you already have a family membership, you can stack this on top of your existing subscription to extend it another 12 months, but you can't combine a family membership with an individual membership.
Nintendo's beginner-friendly remake of Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu, is only $36 as part of the sale, down from $60 originally (the Eevee version is $40, for some reason). Cozy farm sim Stardew Valley is $11.60, Minecraft is only $14.40, and Super Mario Party is only $40. You can also grab Monster Hunter World for $42.40 on Xbox One, particularly good deal considering its hefty Iceborne expansion releases September 6, with a beta test coming up next week for Xbox owners.
One note: We noticed a few of Target's "sale" prices are actually more expensive than what you'll find in the Nintendo Eshop (Breath of the Wild's expansion pass, Gris, Hyper Light Drifter, etc.), so we recommend double-checking the sale price against the platform's digital store if you buy something not listed below. Also, remember that the physical editions for some of these games may be cheaper elsewhere. See the full offering of deals at Target, and see some of our picks below.
Best deals on digital downloads at Target
- 12-month Nintendo Switch Online Family Membership -- $28
- Dragon Ball FighterZ -- $48
- Dragon Ball FighterZ: FighterZ Pass -- $31.20
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild -- $48
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe -- $48
- Mario Tennis Aces -- $40
- Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate -- $48
- Octopath Traveler -- $48
- Okami HD -- $16
- Overcooked 2 -- $32
- Pokemon: Let's Go, Eevee -- $40 | (same price at Amazon)
- Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu -- $36
- Rocket League -- $15.43
- Splatoon 2 -- $48
- Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion -- $16
- Stardew Valley -- $11.60 | (same price at Amazon)
- Super Mario Odyssey -- $48
- Super Mario Party -- $40 | (same price at Amazon)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Fighters Pass -- $20 | (same price at Amazon)
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey -- $48
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Season Pass -- $32
- Battlefield V -- $48
- Cuphead -- $16
- The Division 2 -- $48
- Forza Horizon 4 -- $48
- Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition -- $80
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection -- $24
- Kingdom Hearts 3 -- $48
- Minecraft -- $14.40
- Monster Hunter World -- $42.40
- Resident Evil 2 -- $40
- Sea of Thieves -- $40
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider -- $48
- SoulCalibur VI -- $48
- SoulCalibur VI: Season Pass -- $24
- State of Decay 2 -- $24
- Subnautica -- $24
- Age of Empires Definitive Edition -- $15
- Minecraft Windows 10 Starter Collection -- $24
- XCOM 2 -- $48
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation