Ryu and Roy Confirmed for Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS
[UPDATE] Street Fighter's Ryu and Fire Emblem's Roy are available now in the fighting game for Wii U and 3DS.
[UPDATE] During today's event, Nintendo announced Street Fighter's Ryu and Fire Emblem's Roy are coming to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS as DLC characters. The character model and moves are based on Ryu from Street Fighter II, Nintendo explained in the video. He also has two final smashes, becoming the first character ever to have two powerful finishing moves.
Ryu and Roy are available right now in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS as paid characters. Nintendo warns that the game's servers may experience heavy strain, so you may want to try again later.
Nintendo made quite a few more announcements today during the briefing, including the fact that Ryu and Roy (among others) are getting their own amiibo toys.
- New Miiverse costumes: Megaman EXE, Zero, Isabelle, Splatoon Inklings, and Heihachi from Tekken
- Suzaku Castle from Street Fighter will be available as a paid stage
- New Miiverse stage will show posts that appear in character-specific communitites
- All 51 Smash Bros. characters will eventually have Amiibo toys
- Upcoming DLC stages will include DreamLand from the original game on Nintendo 64
- New elimination-style tournament mode coming in August
- New feature will let you post replays directly to YouTube (Wii U only)
Pricing details for all of this DLC is available on the Smash Bros. website.
The original story is below.
The briefing will begin at 7:40 AM PDT / 10:40 AM EDT and is expected to last just 20 minutes.
"You definitely don't want to miss it," Nintendo wrote in its announcement earlier this week.
Director Masahiro Sakurai will appear during the presentation to talk about the game's newest DLC character, Lucas, as well as a new Wii U Miiverse stage and Splatoon-inspired Mii costumes.
This content goes on sale today, starting at 8 AM PDT / 11 AM PDT
Just yesterday, a leak revealed that Super Smash Bros. would be adding new characters in the form of Ryu and Roy. We don't know yet if these characters may be shown in today's event or Nintendo's main briefing on Tuesday.
Check out GameSpot's E3 hub for everything you need to know about the show.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org