Ronda Rousey Reveals Which Pokemon She'd Like to Fight
Plus, the 28-year-old undefeated UFC star says she's an active World of Warcraft player and really likes Dragon Ball Z.
The AMA wasn't the first time Rousey talked about her nerdy interests, but we did learn some more in the crowd interview.
Below are some highlights from Rousey's AMA in the area of gaming/nerd culture (and chicken wings).
- Her favorite Pokemon is Mew.
- She used to moderate a Pokemon forum.
- She's an "active" World of Warcraft player with a Night Elf Hunter. She's also working on a Blood Elf Rogue.
- She plays a mage named Randa on Taichi Panda.
- She's up to the third Game of Thrones book. And don't spoil anything. She "will shank a bitch who tries to give sh** away about the series cause you watched the show already."
- Asked if she would rather fight 100 Mewtwo-sized Mews or one Mew-sized Mewtwo, she replied: "One Mew-sized Mewtwo, 'cuz everyone knows that even though Mewtwo has better stats than Mew, 100 Mews totally overcome that."
- If she had to fight a Pokemon in the octagon, she would choose Throh. "Because he's the Judo Pokemon and would challenge me the most :)"
- Her favorite male UFC fighter is Demetrious Johnson, because he's "well-rounded" and reminds her of watching Dragon Ball Z. "I feel like I'm watching one of the later episodes of Dragon Ball Z when you only see one second of action going on between them disappearing 'cuz they're going so damn fast."
- Her favorite Mortal Kombat character is Princess Kitana. "'Cuz in the Sega version you could press down and punch up vs the computer and get to the fifth guy from the top with all flawless victories because the computer wouldn't learn to throw you from the floor until it was almost the end."
- She once at 60 chicken wings in one sitting--but she could probably do better. "At least 60 in one sitting. But there were no bets on the table. I think I could've done more if it really came down to it."
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org