Rocket League's New Rumble Mode Out Today, Lets You Punch the Ball With a Giant Fist
Are you ready to rumble?
Rocket League gets a new mode today in the form of the crazy-looking, power-up-fueled Rumble. The update that introduces the mode will land later today, presumably on all platforms (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC).
As announced previously, the free mode includes 11 randomized power-ups, including one that can freeze the ball in place and another that punches with the ball with a giant fist. As with the previous Hoops and Mutator modes, Rumble is available in online playlists and for private and exhibition matches.
Here is the full rundown of Rocket League Rumble power-ups, as written by Psyonix:
- The Boot (Kicks an opponent's car)
- Disruptor (Forces the opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you toward the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Snaps the ball to your position)
- Power Hitter (Hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and cars into a giant funnel cloud)
Today's Rocket League update also adds the new "Crates and Keys" system. As announced previously, random crates will show up in matches; players can then buy keys with real money to unlock them. Additionally, the crates, which include things like decals, wheels, and other accessories, can be traded. You can buy keys for $1.50 each or in bundles; these include:
- 5 -- $5
- 10 -- $10
- 20 -- $20
The proceeds from these new microtransactions will help fund upcoming Rocket League competitive gaming events.
Additionally, the new Rocket League update marks the beta launch of the SteamOS and Mac versions of the soccer-with-cars game, while it also adds the ability to save multiple vehicle presets. There are also now more variations for existing stadiums and improvements and more.
Go to the Rocket League blog to read more about all of the new additions and changes with today's patch.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.