Rocket League's In-Game Trading Now Requires 2FA Thanks To New Patch
Now, in order to trade cosmetic items, both parties will have to confirm that they're both actual players through 2FA.
A new patch is now live in Rocket League. The patch isn't all that big--outside of a few bug fixes, it really only adds a new two-factor authentication (2FA) mandate for in-game trading.
"Starting with v1.93, players that want to participate in player-to-player trading must have 2FA enabled on their Epic Games account," Psyonic writes in the full patch notes, which are listed below.
With 2FA enabled, you'll have to authenticate your Epic Games account through a separate service, like your cell phone number or personal email, in order to confirm your identity.
As mentioned before, the patch also addresses a few bugs. For instance, the patch fixes the sometimes weird lighting issue that could pop up on Forbidden Temple--which is wonderful, especially since that arena has a cool makeover for the limited-time Lucky Lanterns event. The event lasts until March 1, bringing back fan-favorite game modes and Lunar New Year-themed cosmetics.
Rocket League February 15 Hotfix Patch Notes
Changes and Updates
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Starting with v1.93, players that want to participate in player-to-player trading must have 2FA enabled on their Epic Games Account
- The first trade you execute after enabling 2FA may take longer than normal to process (about 30 seconds). Subsequent trades should process normally
- Fixed a bug preventing splitscreen players from matchmaking in Competitive Playlist
- "Invite to party" option in Friends List now displays properly for all players
- Fixed lighting on Forbidden Temple
- Removed animations added to the Playlist Menu in the last update
- Fixed a bug causing the ball to turn invisible in Spectator Mode when using Fly Cam
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.