Rocket League Hits 8 Million Players, New DLC Released
Another milestone for the soccer-with-cars game.
Soccer-with-cars game Rocket League has reached a new milestone. Developer Psyonix today announced that the PS4 and PC game has reached 8 million players. The game may not have actually sold that many copies, however, as it was offered free for PlayStation Plus members earlier this year. Whatever the case, Rocket League is a big hit, so it's no surprise that Psyonix continues to release new DLC for it.
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Similarities You Likely Missed 10 Biggest Game Releases For September 2022 Horizon Zero Dawn Reportedly Getting A PS5 Remake | GameSpot News Marauders | Early Access Launch Trailer | OUT NOW! BONELAB - Launch Trailer l Meta Quest Story Teaser: Lost Legacies in the Sand | Genshin Impact Romancelvania - Steam Next Fest Teaser Reveal Trailer The Game That Fights Dementia | MindGames Firearms Expert Reacts To Foxhole’s Guns FIFA 23 Video Review Cyberpunk 2077 Players Want Stadia Cloud Saves | GameSpot News Overwatch 2 - Everything To Know
The latest batch of add-on content is the Mad Max-inspired Chaos Run, which is available starting today on PS4 and PC. As announced previously, this $4 DLC comes with new cards, decals, and more. In addition, everyone is getting a free new arena called Wasteland, which is based on an environment from Rocket League predecessor Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars.
Rocket League Chaos Run DLC includes:
- 2 New Battle-Cars, Ripper and Grog
- 12 New Decals (six for each new Battle-Car)
- 2 New Paint Types (Camo and Sun-Damaged)
- 2 New Wheels (Ripper and Grog)
- 2 New Rocket Trails (Sandstorm, Nuts and Bolts)
- 3 New Toppers (Boombox, Cow Skull, Mohawk)
- 3 New Antennas (Bomb Pole, Radioactive, Retro Ball - Wasteland)
- 5 New Trophies (PS4) and Achievements (Steam)
Rocket League free update includes:
- The new, non-standard "Wasteland" Arena
- New, post-apocalyptic theme music, "Scorched Earth," by Kevin Riepl
- Several new Garage item surprises
In addition to Chaos Run, some Portal-themed free Rocket League DLC is also due out today. Looking ahead, Psyonix has teased that Rocket League might be coming to Xbox One, though no official announcements have been made just yet.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.