Rocket League Getting Crazy-Sounding "Rumble" Mode, Here's How It Works
Rumble is "just the beginning" of a big update coming in September.
Psyonix's hit soccer-with-cars game Rocket League continues to evolve.
During the Rocket League Championship in Hollywood today, the developer announced a new "Rumble" mode for the multiplatform indie game. The mode, which will be free when it arrives in September, is described as an "epic battle royale" where players can make use of randomized power-ups.
One of the power-ups is called "The Boot," and it kicks an opponents car. Another is called Haymaker, and this punches the ball. You can see all 11 of the power-ups below; things are about to get crazy.
Rumble, just like Hoops and Mutator, will be available in online playlists, as well as private and exhibition matches.
Rocket League Rumble Power-Ups:
- The Boot (Kicks an opponent's car)
- Disruptor (Forces the opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and cars into a giant funnel cloud)
Psyonix teased that Rumble is "just the beginning of a much bigger update" coming in September; more details will be divulged in the upcoming weeks.
At the end of July, Psyonix teased that it was working on a "surprising" new update for Rocket League that would deliver features players were asking for.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com