Risk Of Rain 2 Update Adds New Map On PC, Full Patch Notes Revealed
It's unclear if or when Sundered Grove, the new Risk of Rain 2 map, will hit consoles.
Developer Hopoo Games has rolled out a brand-new update for Risk of Rain 2 on PC that adds another location to explore and fixes a variety of bugs. The full patch notes are outlined below.
The headlining feature of the update is the addition of a new stage. Titled Sundered Grove, the map looks like an ominous overgrowth of glowing mushroom-like stalks littering the area. It's unclear if or when Sundered Grove will arrive in the console versions of Risk of Rain 2.
The update also addresses some bugs in Risk of Rain 2, including issues with the final boss' shockwaves firing an additional time. Other fixes include bringing the cursor back for gamepad users while navigating the info and scoreboard menus, updating the music to make it closer to the original soundtrack masters, and ironing out some ragdoll physics.
Full Risk of Rain 2 Update 18.104.22.168 Patch Notes
- New Stage: Sundered Grove
- Fixed Eclipse 3 modifiers applying to enemies.
- Fixed the final boss' shockwaves being fired an extra time for each remote client in the game.
- Fixed some floating nodes in Sundered Grove.
- Restored the cursor for gamepad users while in the info/scoreboard menu.
- Updated all music tracks to be more similar to the OST version.
- Updated a lot of localization strings.
- Fixed throwing Forgive Me Please off a cliff causing it to not release its deployable slot until the next stage.
- Fixed monsters revived via Dio's Best Friend potentially respawning into out-of-bounds kill zones that make them miss the trigger, never die again, and potentially cause a softlock in this way if they are a boss.
- Added temporary safety mechanism that forces client bodies to reinitialize into valid states if they are still in an invalid state one second after spawning.
- Fixed ragdolling causing the hurtboxes of dead characters to become re-enabled (yes, the brass contraption ragdoll + melee bug is finally dead!).
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.