Ride a Giant Frog or Extinct Deer in Ark's Latest Update
Steam's big dinosaur game Ark: Survival Evolved adds new swamp and snow regions today.
Developer Studio Wildcard on Monday released two new swamp- and snow-themed regions for PC dinosaur-survival game Ark: Survival Evolved. Players will find new creatures and items there, including a frog so big and powerful it can hop around with you on its back and the now-extinct Megaloceros deer.
Watch the video below to get a closer look at the new content now available in Ark. Read on for more detailed descriptions of the two new biomes.
Top New Games Releasing For Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC - E3 2019 The 5 Biggest Stars Of E3 2019 The Best E3 2019 Game Trailers The Biggest Nintendo Direct Announcements & Games | E3 2019 GameSpot's Best Of E3 2019 Awards Sequel To Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Trailer Breakdown | E3 2019 Legion Season 3: Everything You Need To Know Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - New Beasts In A New Land | E3 2019 The Biggest Games We Wished Were At E3 2019 Zombie Army 4: Dead War - Ambush Gameplay | E3 2019 Wrath: Aeon Of Ruin Live Gameplay Demo - A Quake-Inspired FPS | E3 2019 Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Dominating Win In Tiger Temple | E3 2019
Here's what to expect from each new region:
- Prehistoric snakes, gators, bugs, and piranhas. A new "Beelzebufo" creature, a huge frog that you can ride and use its tongue to catch prey.
- Poisonous plants are everywhere, but slogging through the mud may be worth your while as there is "unique plant life" in the muck to harvest for recipes.
- Players will need to wear heavy clothing to stay warm in the below-zero temperatures.
- "Dire Wolves" prowl the terrain, trying to kill you. You can also tame them to help you hunt.
- Megaloceros also live here, and you can ride them.
In addition, new furniture items are now available to buy to decorate your Ark home and base with, though these were not named outright.
Ark launched this summer on PC through Steam Early Access. The game has sold more than 1 million copies, and will launch for Xbox One this winter through the Game Preview program. The full version is slated to launch in 2016 for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org