Resident Evil Village DLC Now In Development, Capcom Confirms During E3 2021
More content for Resident Evil Village is in the works, with additional info scheduled to arrive later.
During Capcom's E3 2021 presentation, producer Tsuyoshi Kanda announced that post-launch DLC is in development for Resident Evil Village. No other details, including premise or release window, were provided.
Kanda kicked off Capcom's conference with a brief announcement for the online multiplayer Resident Evil Re:Verse, confirming that it goes live sometime next month. After that reveal, Capcom then unveiled that additional downloadable content for Resident Evil Village is now in the works.
"By popular demand, development has just started on additional DLC for Resident Evil Village," Capcom concluded in the Resident Evil Village part of its livestream. "More info [to come] later."
Resident Evil Village has been a massive success for Capcom following its May 7 launch earlier this year, selling upwards of 4 million copies already. We scored the game a 9/10 in our Resident Evil Village review, calling it "an excellent return to the horror underpinnings of the franchise, but cunningly altered with new ideas and a new perspective."
E3 2021 News & Announcements
- Nintendo Switch OLED Announced, Coming October 8
- E3 2021: Schedule, Participants, And What To Expect
- Xbox & Bethesda E3 Showcase Announcements: Starfield, Halo Infinite, Diablo 2
- Nintendo Direct E3 2021 Announcements: Breath Of The Wild 2, Metroid Dread, Advance Wars
- E3 2021 Games Confirmed So Far
- Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 Announcements: Far Cry 6, Mario + Rabbids 2, Avatar
- Square Enix E3 2021 Stream Announcements: Guardians Of The Galaxy, Final Fantasy Origin, Babylon's Fall
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.