Resident Evil 7 DLC Revealed, Coming First To PS4
Capcom's horror game is getting timed-exclusive DLC for Sony's system
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Capcom's horror game Resident Evil 7 launches today. The publisher put out a launch trailer to mark the occasion and also outlined the downloadable content that some players can pick up very soon.
In a blog post, Capcom announced that it has a timed-exclusivity deal with Sony for the game's DLC. The first expansion, Banned Footage Vol. 1, launches on January 31 for PlayStation 4, before coming to Xbox One and PC on February 21. It's included in the $30 season pass or can be bought by itself for $10.
Banned Footage Vol. 1 includes two new "Banned Footage" scenarios to play through and a mode called Ethan Must Die. Here is a rundown of the content, with descriptions from Capcom:
- Bedroom Scenario: Figure out how to escape from a locked room, but don't let Marguerite Baker know you've been out of bed.
- Nightmare Scenario: Fend off waves of enemies and survive until morning.
- Extra Mode - Ethan Must Die: A tough-as-nails mode separate from the tapes and story of the main game. (Does not support PSVR)
Banned Footage Vol. 2, meanwhile, includes a further two scenarios and another mode.
- 21 Scenario: Gamble life and limb in a deadly game run by Lucas Baker.
- Daughters Scenario: See what the Baker family was like before the tragic events of Resident Evil 7.
- Extra Mode - Jack's 55th Birthday: Race against the clock and feed Jack tons of food in this comical extra game mode separate from the tapes and story of the main game. (Does not support PSVR)
Banned Footage Vol. 2 comes out on February 14 for PS4 and Xbox One and PC on February 21. You can get it with the Resident Evil 7 season pass or by itself for $15.
Capcom also reiterated today that Resident Evil 7 features 4K support on PS4 Pro, as well as HDR on both PS4 and Xbox One. PC players, meanwhile, have a "plethora of options to tweak," according to Capcom.
Earlier this month, a report claimed that Capcom would offer a free piece of Resident Evil 7 DLC titled "Not a Hero." However, this was not mentioned in Capcom's official announcement today.
The next Resident Evil movie, The Final Chapter, comes out this Friday, January 27.